Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Anybody have a 1960 Pontiac? Pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chevy, Mar 25, 2008.

1. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

Sinistercustom, Comet, and 66Newport...thanks for the compliments guys!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

I've had the hots for a 60 pontiac since I saw that car. I know where one is in town, sitting, rotting away. I'm going after it as soon as I get one of the current projects done.

3. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Hey Erik, do you stil have that hardtop?

Bart, you aren't the only one. I had a thing for '59/'60 GM's before I saw Erik's poncho but when I saw it in person when I went down to Hotrodarama it was like an eyegasm.

[​IMG]

4. Torque-Tube

Torque-Tube

I don't know if this is the same one... Saw it at a show this summer.

Attached Files:

5. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

nope, the hardtop went away last year...just got sick of looking at it...

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Damn, couldn't you have waited till I needed an excuse to go on vacation?!

Ahh well, there will be another. I hope.

7. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

HA! sorry buddy boy.. they are still out there... keep yer eyes open.

8. 50Fraud

50Fraud

This was mine for several years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

falcongeorge likes this.
  9. I just sold a Ventura 2 door hardtop to a new HAMB'er a few months ago...really wanted to keep it, but you can't save 'em all.

10. oldschool1956olds

oldschool1956olds

anyone know what the deal is with my 60 catalina has fiberglass front fenders. they are orginal front fenders. Im just wondering

11. If you read the first post on this page it notes that a couple places made fiberglass fenders for them back in the day. They're old, but they're not original.

I had a ball with mine, it was so enjoyable to drive, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one and drive the snot out of it.

12. dwcustom

dwcustom

[​IMG]One of my employees just bought a B-ville conv. Needs a pair of headlight doors. Any help out there?

13. dwcustom

dwcustom

One of my employees just bought a B-ville conv. Needs a pair of headlight doors. Any help out there? Yep, nobody makes anything for a 60.

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

I really love that wacked 68 Bonneville any more pics or details you could share about it?

15. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

My dad had a 67 Bonneville and I was able to drive it when I was a teenager. I really liked that car and have looked for another for a long time. Originally,my thought was it would be a cool present for him,then I realized he probably would not care and that it was really me that would think it would be cool to have. I lost my dad last year-never did find one-yet. I still think it would be cool to find one and drive it. It was brown with a vinyl top,2 door,don't remember what engine-seems like it was a 400,4 bbl.
    Back to this thread,I think I know where there is a decent 60 Pontiac 2dr sitting. I knew it was a Pontiac but wasn't sure what year and model and now I know. I have thought about stopping and asking if it is for sale but with it being on a busy road,there has been probably a thousand guys before me that has already asked.

16. flat top austin

flat top austin

I just picked up a 59 pontiac bonneville four door hardtop out of spokane

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

And I just picked up a '60 Pontiac Catalina Safari 9-passenger wagon...with only 73,000 miles on it...

Here tis...
    [​IMG]

R-

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
    MOTOV8N likes this.
  18. 60man

60man

Here's some of mine...first outing this year netted a 10.28 @ 134 MPH.It's Pontiac powered but not your Grandfathers 389..:D All throttle no bottle..
    Sorry it's all one car...I sold my 60 Ventura street car...

Attached Files:

19. rick finch

rick finch

20. rick finch

rick finch

21. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I finally got mine! Woo Hoo! This was dad's actual car that I rode in when I was age 2 to 5!

[​IMG]

MOTOV8N likes this.
  22. 32.5window

32.5window
    from UK

This one now lives in the UK. I bought it off a fellow Hamber recently. I love those tail lights.
    Trouble is it's too long for my garage! I guess I'll just have to knock the garage wall down and extend it.

Attached Files:

treb11 likes this.
  23. D'Monsta

D'Monsta

I have a '60 Catalina. It's a "more door" but when I bought it , it only had 29,000 miles on it. 4 years later it now it has 51,000..

My wife and I love this car! 389 w/4spd hydramatic.. Needs some cosmetics but starts every time and get's 18 MpG on the highway..

I just inked a deal on a '60 Catalina 3 seat wagon I hope to have going by next spring... 389w/3 on the tree, roof rack, power rear window. Now has manual steering and manual brakes but I have complete power set-ups from a Ventura parts car.. Also have a 3x2 setup and some bucket seats from a grand prix that may end up in my "Draggin Waggin." We'll see..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  24. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

My buddy had a 60. I was about 14 or so and he was 15 ( no license yet ) so we where driving it up and down the little dead end road he lived on. The road dead ended into a pretty deep creek.
    Well we where kind of cock back then, so I tell him to punch it and do some fish tails in the gravell..... Well he hits it and we find out it has a broken motor mount, so the engine torques up and hangs the throttle wide open. Now we are headed for the creek wide fuckin open. About 100 feet or so from the edge he turns the key off and locks up the brakes and turns it sideways about 10 feet from the drop off to the creek. That was enough 60 Pontiac for me. JC

25. 36 poncho

36 poncho
    from ny

60.jpg

60%20Pontiac,%20Willys%20shipping%20001.jpg

mine 389 3-two's 3 pedals 4 speed and I Love her!

26. TubT

TubT
    from Texas

The '67 Bonneville looks too new, to me. It was the car I took Driver's Ed in in high school. And it was a new car, then.

My college roommate drove his folks' '59 Pontiac for years. Bulletproof and a ride like a magic carpet. Another of those "I wish I had it now" stories.

27. Ogbomb

Ogbomb

I had a 60 4 door Laurentian right hand drive, was originally a 6 cylinder, It was given to me only because it should have gone to the scrap yard, but with help from dad, we replaced a crap load of sheet metal and got it painted with a sb chev. Unfortunately i only have this crappy photo of the car at this point in time be fore the bulid started.
    [​IMG]

28. GAS455

GAS455

Here is mine.
    In Australia.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking a bit rougher these days due to being out in the weather.

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

lets see some more.

30. D'Monsta

D'Monsta

Yeah, how about it..