Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ems customer service

ems customer service

insanely laughing all the way to the bank

2. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

For all of us who live to far away or don't really care, it will be on the History Channel.

3. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Read those descriptions carefully... many of those "new" cars have many missing parts, and the descriptions are weak. I wouldn't bid above scrap price before I saw the car in person.

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

so you are going??

5. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Not exactly. They said you can strip the car and leave what's left for the scrapper. Not sell it to the scrapper.

6. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Yup.

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Would love to bid on that 49 Olds convertible or some of the other 50s Olds to get some drivetrains but I am not going to even go close to that circus now. There is a show that I love to attend that weekend so that is where I will be.

8. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

With most of the cars sitting outside for all those years, the floor pans will probably be nothing but rust. Being from Nebraska, I hav e been nearing about these cars for years. A good friend stopped by yesterday and wanted me to go with him, but I don't need anything from there, and have way too much work to do on the 42 Chevy to take out time to go there

9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I saw in the local paper that there is a guy coming from Norway to attend the auction and Jay Leno has reserved a whole wing of local convention center for him and his staff, so this could be a fun weekend.
    I would like to chat with whoever buys my old 63 Impala SS, but haven't decided if I will go or not.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  10. Yes, it's a happening. A little bit like the McQueen and Harrah auctions.

I presume the Leno group is there to do a story for his website, Jay Leno's Garage. It doesn't seem he would be terribly interested in the cars personally, though I could be wrong. When Leno leaves the Tonight Show, watch for his website to become a huge property.

11. Racer81x

Racer81x
    from Iowa

THIS IS FROM ANOTHER FORUM:

State Of Nebraska DMV shut them down this week on advertising the vehicles as selling them on the MSO. They are not a current franchised GM dealer ever since 1996 but still have a used car dealer license in Nebraska so the state statues does not allow a used car dealer to reassign an MSO. They must be titled in the used car dealership name now and so they are a used vehicle now. The other kicker is if these new Nebraska titles aren't transferred carefully the new titles may even be branded exempt on the mileage certification if the owners are unable to certify the mileage or are not prudent on the details on the transfers to the first title, as the actual mileage will automatically be branded "EXEMPT" as over 10 years old the mileage statement is not required. Once branded in the DMV computer system there is no way to certify the title mileage anymore. Ask me how I know that detail all too well...... Another point if you buy one of these new old cars and the actual mileage has been correctly stated is to stand on your DMV clerk to make sure the ACTUAL MILEAGE is again put on your new state title and not to exempt it. All the vehicles that can be issued a new Nebraska title will and some will have no title sold as parts or a scrap title. Got this info straight from the DMV director.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

WITH THAT BEING SAID, I WONDER IF A PERSON WHO HAS PLACED A HIGH ONLINE BID AND WINS THE CAR, ASSUMING HE WILL GET IT ON THE MSO, WILL BE ABLE TO RENIG ON HIS BID, THERE MIGHT BE SOME PISSED OFF PEOPLE.:D

12. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Well that explains why most of the "new" ones on the online auction now say: The car is on original paperwork. Invoice and MSO. BUYER WILL GET A NEW NEBRASKA TITLE AND ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS OWNER WILL GET MSO AND ALL PAPERWORK ALSO.

When most of them originally said: The car is on original paperwork. Invoice and MSO.

13. Reijer

Reijer

14. davidh73750

davidh73750

well my buddy lives that way and we decided to see this spectacle. I wouldn't bid more on stuff just because its at this auction. I gave $600 for an old 61 impala with 25K and wouldn't have mattered if it was 250K mileage its sat 25 plus years. Hoping everyone comes for the big bang the 1st day and maybe there will be deals on the 2nd day. I won't expect much though. Who cares about the 1980 chevy monza with 5 miles, broken glass rust floors it was a pos new. lol
    its sad a lot of those "new" trucks outside are picked and have rust above the windshield.

15. davidh73750

davidh73750

16. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

17. Some of those are pretty sick... $30K plus for a few of them so far. I don't get the mind set of buying a rotted out car with only 4 miles on it for a minimum of 10X for what it might be worth as a parts car.

We'll have to see how many buyers don't come up with the cash at the end of the auction. I'm betting on more than a few.

Bob

18. I was at a local scrap yard in about 1979 when I was scrapping cars for a living. In comes a new Chevette that fell off the transporter. The insurance guy stood there and waited until the yard person cut out the vin tags and handed them to him, he had to witness the car going into the crusher and he left as soonas he saw the car being crushed.

Soon as he went, they stopped the crusher, the car came out and the engine and transmission were removed and set on the side.

Bob

19. davidh73750

davidh73750

they probably have someone bidding them up so it would be funny if it all fell flat sat am

20. Sure, have seen it many times. The most famous case: the GM concept cars that were sent to Warhoops wrecking yard to be destroyed.

21. davidh73750

davidh73750

this teal 61 bel air with 34k is at 8K?? I need to bring my 61 impala on trailer and sell it for that then. LOL it only has 25k

Attached Files:

22. big M

big M

You too, can be the proud owner of a low mileage parts car.

Other than the cars stored inside, the rest are not much better than your typical Midwestern wrecking yard finds.

---John

23. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Why do you think they have people bidding them up? Is there any evidence this auction company does that, or lets their sellers do that?
    IMO they don't need anyone to bid them up. People eager to get a low mileage car with no regard to the condition are doing a fine job of bidding the prices up.

24. Which is great until someone's wife gets wind of hubby paying $36,500 for a rusty old truck...

Bob

25. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Absolutely, if they did allow them to bid them up, that could jump up and bite them in the ass if they bid them high enough to not get it sold.

I am surprised though that so many people would bid them up without having an opportunity to see them for themselves.

I guess some people have more money than common sense. I wish I had some of their money to spend on my favorite projects. But then I might not appreciate what I have as much as I do.

26. metalshapes

metalshapes

This is getting pretty revolting.

These guys don't miss any tricks

With the TV commercials, Youtube vids, and rumors of overseas buyers and TV personalities, there is no way a field full of rusted out Pickups and 4 Doors can live up to the hype.

And with treads like this one, we are even helping...

27. F&J

F&J

28. 03GMCSonoma

03GMCSonoma

This is from one of my senior softball teammates.

"
    Not softball related but still might be kinda interestingffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
    <O:p> </O:p>
    OK the Z called me last night at KFAB..Gary Zautke...he is a friend of mine........... this old 94 yr old guy is his uncle.Ray Lambracht......his mom’s sister married this Ray Lambrecht.......free parking at the Pierce County fairground.....but there is only so much space so it may fill up............then a shuttle.....to the site next to the Peirce golf course.......or $20 at some dude’s Ted Krin Key field close next to the sale...Gary’s family ...esp. Brain , the brother that never left the area........Gary’s brother Brain at the home farm....and is a farmer 6 miles away<O:p></O:p>
    Gary’s brother Brain Zautke was interviewed about his uncle...he was interviewed by the history channel...his segment might air sometime Saturday...if the history channel decides to use it........Gary’s niece will be working at the golf course taking care of the crowd <O:p></O:p>
    The Z man said all the motel and hotels from Norfolk to Sioux city were filled because of this............this I do NOT believe<O:p></O:p>
    I will plan on going to this.......it starts at 9:30 am Saturday.....Peirce is north of Norfolk, NE maybe 17 miles........ "

Bob<O:p></O:p>

29. Hey guys, Vanderbrink runs good auctions. As noted before it is their fiduciary responsibility to earn as much as they can for the family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.