Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects FORD VEDETTE '53 Kustom from FRANCE

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by VEDETTE, Oct 17, 2010.

1. nali

nali

This is interesting Edsel.

Which way ?
    Many guys in Europe want to have a car from States. I m quite sure any information you could provide would be really useful.

For my own myself, I can t say :p I m a french guy living in Canada :p Desperately trying to find a mix , and have others being in peace with 1 or 2 differrents cultures. Or more :p

Artman, je le taquine pas pire le grand breton :p

L es belle la niece.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Just spent over an hour. No idea how I missed this thread for the past 3 years. Stunning. The vision is incredible... the skill to pull it off, amazing! Building your own steering wheel? I've done it. Yours looks great. But your spinners, bullit mirrors.... and the radio treatment are over the top! Really incredible work. There are multi million dollar shops out there that can't put out this kind of work. Very humbling to see you did this at home, painted it the damn driveway!!
    Hats off to you.
    And yes, I have a soft spot for topless Mercs.......
    [​IMG]

3. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah, shipping a car runs about 1 to 2k, but by the time you pay taxes/duties registration and all bullshit, shits add up fast.
    A friend of mine spent 6k on a car and by the time it was in his shop cost him 12k.....
    Sad thing is that reflects the price that people sell theyre yanks for over here, so a stock unrestored whatever goes for 3 times (when lucky) its actual value. I'll have a yank one day, but not until i earn 14k a year.

4. It´s true, they aren´t horribly expensive here, unless you want the coupe of convert. Even the "Vendome" version with the growed up sized flatty isn´t impossible to find.

Not easy to coupe one in any case - having been all over these cars in photoshop, there are a bunch of things that aren´t quite right about the proportions. The back of the car is very pinched and looks really tall and that´s only the start. I´d end up with a pile of metal if I started cutting into one of these!

5. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Yes, chopping, sectioning and/or 2dr. conversions on any Vedette wouldn't be easy or cheap-time is money:D

Something to keep in mind is that the Vedette came outa the same design studio as the '49-'51 full sized (119'' wheelbased) Mercury! A major design rule was that all vehicles must be able to carry a milk can( roughly 30'' tall) in the trunk. This made for some very thick quarter panels and trunk areas in those designs.

A really sucessful chop and section of a Vedette to look like a 3/4 scale Mercury would probably best be built from totally fabricated quarters, a deck lid, and probably most of the body. To attempt to build one from an oem Vedette would result in a body that looks like origami and lots of filler;)

The purple convertable sedan from this thred is incredible, and the women ain't bad either:D kinda makes me wanna learn french:D

" Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork "

6. edsel.fi

edsel.fi

magnifique build ! What radio knobs are you using, or did you built them yourself ?

7. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

Thank you for your coments!
    j'ai presque tout compris!

Nali > c'est pas ma niece! c'est la fille de ma voisine!

Edsel.fi > No! it's standard bullet license plate..

Chopped51> me too! i love Topless cars! your Merc is fantastic! very good paint job flaming! Are you pics of the grill teeth fabrication? what material?

8. C'est trés magnifique!
    Nous sommes allés au Mans Classic cette année dans notre Tourer T. Nous avons eu un grand temps!

9. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

WTF! that morphing picture is amazing. Puts it into quite a diffrent perspective.

10. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

merci beaucoup! laissez les bon temps roullez!

11. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  12. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

Just checking in, after being just subscribed for so long, to say how awesome this little car is, before the thread gets closed (seems like they are closing all the non-US brand/model threads...well, I sure hope they at least read through the whole thread, to see how dedicated the people are, even though the available canvas is different).
    Always great to see full (and very tasty) customs done on European cars. Good job, and seems like you're enjoying it well! :)

Atwater Mike and chryslerfan55 like this.
  13. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

You don't speak English but you spoke some very fluent American when you built this amazing Kustom. A whole 'lotta Kool goin' on here man!!

14. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I stumbled onto this thread just this morning. Stunning!! It's great to have such an extensive European following of the HAMB. Been reading foreign threads this am---all are bodacious.

15. 4444Design

4444Design

awesome build with lots of unique 'n cool details

wish i had your skills in fabbing parts

16. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

17. Eric H

Eric H

Great work, it looks like fun!

18. nali

nali

Si je me fie au générique de fin, tu a fait la video ?
    Superbe !
    On vois meme ta canette mauve :p

Unless I m wrong. VEDETTE did not only build this car, but also made the clip.
    Respects ... This guy can do anything and has good taste :p

19. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

Vi c'est moi! ;) c'est qu'un test! les images ne me plaisent pas plus que ça..
    Bien vu pour la canette!!! un ptit reflet d'eclairage dessus n'aurait pas ete superflu..

20. wow just found this thread, don't know how I missed it. Great job and thanks for sharing. love the steering wheel and stereo work. I will have to show my students this one.

21. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

22. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

Thanks you Anthony!! ;)

23. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Beautiful car, incredible work!

24. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You may not speak English. But you speak Custom very well.

25. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

26. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

Bravo pour le boulot et l'imagination...je ne sais pas comment j'ai pu manquer ce post pendant tout ce temps...j'adore le travail bien fait...t'as du talent!

27. I really love this car. I want to build a Vedette too.

28. nali

nali

29. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

Thanks you Johnnee D et James D (you are brothers? :D )
    You find Ford vedette at your home?

Nali c'est surtout qu'on trouve moins de Mercury que de vedette en France!! arf!

30. Socre blue !!! Great job, should be in the louvre !! se se bon !