Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 dodge cowl vent HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by decker49, Sep 20, 2013.

1. decker49

decker49

can anyone help me with pictures and help with installing my cowl vent in my 1934 Dodge truck. i have the vent and there is a pivot on the cowl so what i need to know am i missing any parts i can not figure out how to attach the two pieces together. i promise i'm not stupid just LOST. Thanks Don

2. Slimmey

Slimmey

Don, can you post any pics of what you have parts wise, and then of the inner body @ the pivots? I checked on the interweb and could not find any thing either. Most of this era vents were assembled similarly and maybe we all can give some ideas. Tomorrow I'll check my old truck manuals at the shop, if I get a chance. I think dad had some that went back to the 30's. I'll let you know.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Slimmey

Slimmey

Sorry Don,
    I found manuals back to '35, but they were Motor Manuals only. I thought dad had some body manuals, if there is I can't find them.
    Here a few pics I snapped of my '34 Chevy master. Hope this might be helpful somehow.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

4. raymay

raymay

I believe the car and truck cowls were similar. Currently building a 33 Plymouth for a friend. (check out thread titled "Uncle Ricks 33 Plymouth") Got some pictures of the vent assembly yesterday. Hope it helps.

Attached Files: