Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nash guys (full size )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruzerdog, Sep 18, 2013.

1. this just landed in the garage

am I the only one here with full size 50's Nash?

it does have a factory full size bed option:cool:

where was this when i was in high school :D

Attached Files:

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Put some curtains in it. ;)

Nice car.

3. k9racer

k9racer

I had a 59 station wagon.. Many of my friends would swap cars for the evening with me. I drove GTOs chevelles and many other cars. If you showed up at a girls house with a rambler/nash all most all fathers would not let the daughter go on a date.

4. I had a 63 classic when I was a kid! It had the nicest, softest, lay-down passenger seat, driver side only reclined about 45 degrees. Oh God, the memories!

5. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

The only one who will admit it.

Ha ha just kidding. There are a couple of other posters with 50s Nashes and the very similar Hudson but they are a pretty rare car.

6. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The 57 Nash Country Club was what could be referred to as the first Muscle Car. Powered by a high compression 327 cu in 255 HP 4 bbl engine in what was a relatively light car. It out accelerated that year's Corvette. Unfortunately the Nash name died at the end of the model year under the AMC Umbrella brand reshuffling.

7. Pre-K

Pre-K
    from Ventura

I know you meant that the 57 Rambler Rebel was the fastest metal bodied car made that year. It did not out accelerate a 57 Corvette, but it did everything else. The Country Club was offered in the Nash senior series Ambassador and Statesman. Much slower than the Rebel, too.

8. That Sir, is a nice car. I like the early large Nash motor cars from the late 20's and early 30's. - H.R.D-

9. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

I drive a 1950 Nash Statesman powered by a 455 Pontiac...

10. it also has factory air (missing the original condenser

....and green & white interior

AND the tip of the turn signal lever flashes when you turn

a FANTASTIC ride from the Unit Body

sturdy old boat ..:)

does it need Moon Discs or Flippers?:confused:

a testament to the colorful 1950's .. thank you Mr Romney :D

Hello Mrs Robinson :eek:

Attached Files:

11. farna

farna

The 57 Rambler Rebel was indeed the fastest one (only beaten by Corvette) at the Daytona Beach new auto introductions in 57. The 56 Nash Amabssador Special and 56 Hudson Hornet Special were late 56 model introductions. They were really the smaller Statesman and Wasp two-door hardtop bodies with Ambassador and Hornet trim. They were powered by the brand new 250 cubic inch AMC V-8. It came with a 2V and dual exhaust with mechanical lifters, and was factory rated at 190 hp @ 4900 rpm. One source says hydraulic lifters, but the later 58-60 Rambler 250 used solids and a 4V, rated at 215 hp.

The Specials weren't quite as hot as the 255 hp Rebel, which was also 500 pounds lighter than the Specials. But they were still at least average performers for the day, comparable to 260 Ford and 265 Chevy V-8s in standard size Ford and Chevys of the day, which were about the same size and weight.

12. Weird A

Weird A

I have a 56 Nash rambler station wagon waiting patiently for its turn. One of the fugliest cars! Every one that has seen it says my neighbor,uncle ect, had one. Will look great slammed though.
    Good luck
    Bill

Attached Files: