Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 frame builder in Washington state

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Langan, May 11, 2012.

1. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Ive been tossing around the idea of use a electric water pump relocated out of sight & just fab up some plumbing. The alt would be easy but an AC might get complicated.

Just dont build the frame yourself, they'll hate you for it!

2. Who is being the ,snobby dick now!,,

The guy said this is his first build and you encouraged (correct spelling) him to do it your way,,I think doing it correctly the first time and he can decide his own fate in the future. HRP

3. Langan

Langan
    from Eagle ID.

MR48Chev Thanks for advice. This will be my 4th car since moving here. I have in the past just regestered with pinkslip. Has something changed? I am a journy man metal fabricator and have been employed as one with same company for 30 years, does that count?
    Also found all dim. on Pete & Jakes web site

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep it changed about three years ago. According to the WSP inspector in Union Gap who inspected my boat trailer it was due to too much really crappy welding coming through and some vehicles breaking apart on the road.

If you have a clear title to the truck you don't have a problem.

We had at least one guy in this area not get his finished car passed because he hadn't had his home welded frame passed by a certified welder before painting it.

I may have to pay for my son's welding certification before I do my frame. Or I'll take it over to my friend's place and pay him to do the finish welding as he is certified. If the money ever shows up so I can go buy the body I am trying to deal on.

5. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

take the rails to pyramid street rods in bellingham they do wicked stuff

6. So my floor has a 2" drop for the water to drain out. Will my frame also have a 2"drop. heh heh he Just kidding need some humor before this thread gets shut down & I need some post counts too.:):p:D

7. tedster

tedster

You realize it is over a year old right?

8. Building rails are pretty simple, it all depends on what suspension your gonna run. Build a simple jig and everything stays square.

Attached Files:

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That frame table looks solid enough to hold about anything in place 55 Dude. That's quite a shop full of projects there too.

10. Lots of cool stuff in the shop including a 32 5w that is in the current issue of Rod Action?. They did article on LA roadster show and included Barrys car. The jig was built from old bridge parts and is damm stout. Those 32 rails in jig are American Stampings and will be under a 348 powered 32 tudor.

11. I am prob not the closest choice for you. I have built quite a few 32 chassis and have a very stout fixture.
    I am sure there is a number of shops that will do a quality job for you!
    Good luck with your project!

IMG-20130326-00065.jpg

12. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I've seen their work and it's first class .

13. Funny, less than a year ago at inspection I was told by the WSP inspector that it's not a safety inspection. The state doesn't want the liability of okaying the work.