Register now to get rid of these ads!

SYDNEY DRAGWAY HA/GR CHAMPIONSHIP 14 September

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Sep 15, 2013.

1. spanners

spanners

After a lot of hard work by Joe Danglmaier, Sydney Dragway invited us to participate in round 7 of the Championship series. It was a bit of a thrash by Joe to ring around, and use that Facebooky thing, to get as many cars fronted up as possible. We ended up with 8 at short notice but who knows, a few more might get dusted off for a blast once the word gets around.
    Well, after 3 qualifying runs and a Chicago shootout, the final was run between me and Joe. Now Joe is a formidable opponent, who has been racing for a long time with a very quick Flathead V8, but unfortunately lit up the redlight. Game over. Whilst it was good to take the win, it would have been interesting to see how things would have gone had he not. Joe dialed in at 13.80 and ran 14.228 but shut off early, I dialed in at 15.05 and ran 15.155.
    The trophy was nice but best of all I had blast. I'm using a Holden Grey motor with 138 cu.in. of ground- pounding power and thoroughly enjoy wringing it's neck out there.
    The bad luck stories are Kevin towing 500klms (about 300miles) only to snap an axle and damage the diff on his first run. Secondly was Anthony blowing a welsh plug on his first ,repairing it and breaking his diff on his next run.
    All in a good days racing and many thanks go to Joe and Ray Treasure, Events Manager at Sydney Dragway.
    I'll post photos and video if I work out how to do it. As a computer geek, I make a good truck-driver.
    Peter

2. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Awesome stuff Pete, it sure must have been great to see 8 HA/GR cars racing as a group. Well done Joe for bringing it all together , and to the track officials for letting you all have a go. I hope we can get our own class to run at Willowbank sometime. And to Pete, nice win buddy.Nigel.

3. spanners

spanners

Thanks Nigel. Who knows, we might end up with an Australia wide championship series. Ha Ha. Nudge,nudge, wink wink.

4. jdownunder

jdownunder

i flew up from hobart in march for the nostalga drags with my 7 year son
    my favorite class was HA/GR we had a ball i loved the flatheads.
    keep it alive fellas
    justin

5. ThingyM

ThingyM

My friend Bruce Fairbairn from Sydney is here with us in the States now. Gonna be there next year if things go well...

6. blackknight

blackknight

Hey spanners . I need to be added to the casualty list . I spun one conrod bearing and stretched on rod . Bent 3 exhaust valves and minor damage to pistons and rings. So this weeks job is new rings and pistons plus one conrod . 3 new valves . Just hope parts turn up tommorrow from the states . And be ready to race on saturday

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. spanners

spanners

Well, you'd best get a wriggle on as we need the numbers.

8. blackknight

blackknight

New pistons and rings installed just waiting for the valves to turn up . Hope tommorrow . I will be there on saturday . Migth be still putting it together out there .

9. blackknight

blackknight

Well 4 late nites but the engine is completely rebuilt . Ready to race tommorrow . With a bit of tuning