Register now to get rid of these ads!

cleaning swade paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomKid9, Sep 12, 2013.

1. KustomKid9

KustomKid9

Can u wax swade paint:)

2. DRD57

DRD57

I use Pledge furniture polish.

3. manyolcars

manyolcars

are you asking about 'suede' or something else?

4. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

If you don't know how to spell something just Google how you think it's spelled.

It will correct you like:
    Did you mean: suede

As for the missing "y" and "o" buttons on your keyboard... can't help you with that.

5. Have u tryed Swade Kleanur?

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I thought the title said something about suede pants?

7. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

For cleaning I use windex. Don't use wax ever! I have used Pledge for protection. I like the look of it with just the windex though.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We use Mequiar's Tech 2.0. Makes satin paint look fresh, but not shiny, and really protects it from gas spills and stuff like that.

Don

[​IMG]

9. lucky-13

lucky-13
    from Sacramento

10. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Tried your ideal and it's cloudy?
    paint is 5 star epoxy satin black,truck is in side the shop out of the sun and cool.
    did you do anything before applying it?
    thanks

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The only 5 star epoxy paint I am finding is an industrial paint intended for large pieces of industrial equipment in harsh environments. Is there another version aimed at automotive or boat use or is this what you are using? It may not be compatible with stuff like the product Don is using on the automotive satin paint on his cars.

12. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

When did satin paint become traditional anyway? One of the reasons I don't come here much any more.:rolleyes:

13. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

For sure...nobody but nobody ran primer on a street car back in the day...it signified what they called a "shot rod".....just sayin.

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

simple green gets the grease and bugs off

15. I have used regular soap and water to clean tinted urethane primer and detailer and a micro fiber towel for quick freshen up when water not available.
    For epoxy primer ,i have used spray detailer sprayed directly on the surface and rubbed in with a micro fiber towel with good results.

16. cs39ford

cs39ford

I use the wifes soft scrub !!!!!!

17. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

Try a good paint remover....

18. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

In the end you just need to make you happy and cut down on the work.
    Just buff it into nice and shiny if its already smooth,as it should of been to start with,than its EZ to keep clean,primer was only used tell it was smooth enough to put the shiny on. To me if its in work fine,but dull is not a finel finish ever.

19. derbydad276

derbydad276

I use the cheap store brand quick detail spray works great

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Is that why you haven't been around ? I was worried for a while that my deodorant wasn't working. :p

21. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Lol, nothing personal. I just see some trends of the new traditional are acceptable, while others aren't. I just need to keep my head down and look at what I want to see here I guess.

22. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bobber trucks and "swade" paint. Is this where we have gone? Ron

23. 2racer

2racer

if you mix some liquid soap in with the paint when you spray it on you never have to wash it, just leave it out in the rain and it is self washing...

24. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Suede paint...had to look that one up.

[​IMG]

25. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

You gotta be kidding me, I'm sure Everybody that had a hot rod had shiny paint.yeah ok. Most were built by younger guys on the cheap, you guys are getting ridiculous . It's almost like a classic mustang forum here any more.
    Any how ,I have had semi flat pain jobs on more than one car and the best thing that worked for me was just dish soap and water just make sure you dry it before it spots.by the way the chevy truck looks good.

26. scoTT la rock

scoTT la rock
    from NJ

Despite the crappy beginning to this thread, I would seriously love to know an answer here.

My 64 Belair has been garaged the entire time I have owned it and last week it was outside for a few days. Got some bird crap on it that looks like crap and cherries mixed together.

I usually just wash my car with dish soap and a clean sponge and it takes care of it, but this time there is a ghosting effect still on the paint.

I then tried diluted simple green and hot water and almost got if off, but there is still a tiny bit left. What's the next thing to try?

27. 1955IHC

1955IHC

My 64 Plymouth Belvidere Wagon was flat black. (I bought it that way) But I think that's just the nature of the beast it stains and fades and is a bitch to keep clean. I got the best results just using regular soap at the car wash. I have heard of people using a cleaner designed for o/t cars that have matte trim. Or you can try this. Good luck.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/customshop/dsd43.aspx

Sent via Western Union Express