[img]http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/Yenko350/BilletProof10-25-2009003.jpg" \/>
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My craigslist 55 Chevy score!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FlynBrian, Sep 14, 2013.

1. shoebox50

shoebox50

2. Nice early graduation gift

3. Life is good................now! Congrats and we'll be watching for the build.

4. Very cool ! That's an awsome start and looks like the body won't need much at all.

5. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Hey nice 55 congrats!

6. mickeyc

mickeyc

That is a really nice 55. I like the look of the stock front suspension raised a bit it has now. The stock suspension rebuilt gives these cars a really good ride. With the cut out wells it would look like a modified production
    / street warrior.It will be cool either way!

7. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Great! Glad to hear you are back in action after all. Best of luck with the build!

8. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Great car! I would love to find one like that someday soon too. The 55 is my favorite.

9. Awesome find! Congrats! I have a question for you. When and for how long did you own your original 55? That car looks familiar to me. Were you at Pendleton in the late 80s/early 90s and did you have that car then?

10. Nice score! ...and I look up to you pursuing the Aeronautics degree from Embry-Riddle.
    I was a Aviation Mechanic in the Navy and got interested in Embry-Riddle, things never panned out. Good to see you're graduating soon, must be nice.

11. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Saxman,
    The 55 I sold, I owned it a few years, was an old racecar a friend brought back from the dead. I did a few things to it, had some cool parts for it, period stuff. Never got to enjoy it before selling it, had a race engine for it which I still have, it had a stocker in it when it was sold. I was stationed at Tustin in Cali in the 80'S for a short while, Ch46 & Ch53 helicopter mechanic I was fortunate enough to have a dual m.o.s. Drove a OT 71 Buick GS 455 Stage One Skylark when stationed there. I love southern Cali, especially the Long bch and Pomona swaps.

Thanks for all kind words everyone!
    This 55 will get raced, I am considering a bigblock, but I have some serious smallblock stuff, definitely a 4 speed, I'll have to bite the bullit and spend the money on a Jerico DR4. It will need enough oats to run 5.90's or so in the 1/8th mile.:D

12. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Thanks Brother!
    It's never too late, they would love to have you. They try to help Vets however they can, if there are any questions I could help with, shoot me a pm.These youngun's I go to school with keep me on point, my grades wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't for the razzing they will give me if the ol guy does bad!:D

13. CGkidd

CGkidd

Awesome project. Can't wait to see progress.

14. Totally bad ass!!!

I am happy for you man!

And it's the same color.

Woo-hoo!!

Sam

15. Get her goin' and do wheelies!

[​IMG]

Sam

16. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

That pic right there Sam is what it's all about!!! Wicked 55 you have brother. Thanks for the motivation!

17. AHotRod

AHotRod

I'm glad to see that your going to run with Quain and the Boys, they have "Got it figured out".
    If you use his direction and follow what he tells you, success will be yours.

18. I was just curious. In the late 80's/early 90s I had a Marine buddy that used to hang out at my place and we would work on our cars. He had a buddy with a '55 that looked a lot like that one. He brought it over a few times. I don't remember too many details except what it looked like and I recall that it had a BBC in it. I thought maybe it was you or at least the same car, but I guess not.

19. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Very cool looking 55 and I guess you can find deals on Craig s list.

Jimbo

20. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

I will definitely be talking to Quain for direction. Those Boys have a blast running there gassers and they Haul Ass!

Most of us Jarheads were pretty serious gearheads.:)

Got lucky finally!

21. AWESOME FIND!!!!!

Everyone needs a 55, good luck keep us posted with pics.

Norm.

22. Congrats man, do it proud !

23. Congratulations Brian,I'm happy for you.

I have been in the same situation of selling a car to help my mom with medical bills,,I was fortunate enough to be able to buy back my car after 13 years. HRP

24. n847

n847

Wow...killer car!

25. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

very kool, looking forward to your build!

26. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Congratulations Brian! Looks like you got a good solid '55, and that's a great start for a gasser project!

27. classic gary

classic gary

ain't love grand !!!

28. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

This find was because your dad's looking out for you! Looks like you two are still building hot rods together. I'm sure he's watching every step. Cool score. Congrats.

29. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Two thumbs up and your '55.

30. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Congrats on the new ride!