Register now to get rid of these ads!

Golden Sahara II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fif-t-3, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Found this old news story while digging through some old stories at work. Thought I would share.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/umHr2y87bBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tony

2. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Thanks for posting that...Skonzakes was a strange guy, and even though he didn't build the car, he must have been quite an electronics whiz to get all that trick stuff to work on it. Would like to se it now.

3. Hotrodhog

Hotrodhog

Yep! cool video!! :D

4. No one had heard of a remote control and he had it all in that car. Remote control starting, lighted wheels, turn signals in the wheels, telephone, all where unknown to the average public. Most of the showcars like the Beatnic Bandit were controlled by a large box with a thick cord attached, this was a hand held remote. Jim Street was way ahead of his time. I saw this display twice in the sixties and would love to see it again. The electronics would still be impressive today.

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

God Damn that car rules. Thanks you so much for posting this. I have not seen it before.

6. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Tony for posting this video, you made my day.

7. Too cool not to share. I had no idea it had all those electronics and gadgets. It didn't sound too bad either.

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rikster's new book has some real kool pictures of the Sahara that I hadn't seen before.
    http://www.kustomkarbooks.com/KKB/KKB_home.html If you don't have the book yet be
    sure to order it..

Some guys don't like the Golden Sahara because it is so far over the top but I like them
    wild and mild. It would have been fun to cruize town in the drivers seat.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  9. Cecil

Cecil

Can anyone make me a copy of this on dvd ? I will pay you if you can. [email protected]

10. I guess George did not want to crush it......

Attached Files:

11. drink a scotch while watching TV and talking on the phone all while trying to work that freaky joystick thing....... what could possibly go wrong?:rolleyes:

12. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

mr masterson are you watching ? maybe even germ

13. TJratz

TJratz

14. Germ

Germ

Like Apollo Creed! "The masterson of disasterson","The king of ping and lead sling". -----------beating up rockerbillys at christmas eyes bolt on dress up goodies product shows?

Maybe the project wont turn off like the TIAGO clone!
    The future never painted a picture of the owner getting OK with driving around an unfinished clone.
    But building a car for someone who comes from a generation where the more a car is unfinished, the more shootable it is for the iron cross magazines,,, It isn't shocking.

THERE CAN EXIST NO BREATH OF HALF ASSISM TRYING TO ESCAPE THE LUNG OF A GOLDEN SAHARA PART 2

Im moving to nebraska. Columbus to be exact... out there i will probably being cloning a 46 ford tractor.

I MISS MY FRIENDS
    XOXOXO
    germ

15. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

What up Dude!!! I hope Brad can do this... fuck that Tiago clone needs to get done aready... we need to kidnap it!!!

16. Germ

Germ

Hiatus was to resolve those demons that were killing me. I'm a patient boy i wait i wait i wait.

17. Hey mr Germ=Got that 50 bucks you stole from me on your great T shirt package offer yet?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  18. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Are you going to clone the Civil Rights Cruiser with that tractor?

19. Jbirds51

Jbirds51
    from Sac ca

great song