Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where's the best place to buy a glass T-body in Texas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mechanic58, Sep 12, 2013.

1. mechanic58

mechanic58

I'm looking to buy a new fiberglass '23 T body - I'm located in Texas. I am wondering if there is anybody that makes/sells them here in Texas. I have searched but I just can't find anything definitive. It has been my experience though that you often times run into little mom-n-pop shops that make these things in their private shops and they don't advertise much. Just wondering if anyone knows of any.

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You aren't all that far from Speedway. I've bought two bodies that they built and for the money they are really decent. Shipping isn't all that bad either.

Don

3. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

Lots of folks are fond of Spirit, in northern Arkansas.

4. mechanic58

mechanic58

Yeah, I have already been shopping those folks. I have pretty much decided that's where I'm going to get the body from but I thought I would at least make an effort to see if I could find something a little closer. Thanks for your input.

5. 3quarter32

3quarter32

I was just at Spirit last weekend for their open house. Lots of stuff going on there. Good, fair guys to deal with. Bought my sedan delivery from them last year.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Spirit usually has a few of their bodies on Ebay 270725725316

Depending on where you live in Texas a local rod shop can probably order you any body you want if you don't want a Speedway or Spirit body so that isn't that big of a deal or you might hit A Goodguys or NSRA show ready to buy on the spot from one of the vendors and hope for a show price. I don't know about the Texas shows but usually vendors and rod shops hit those events with bodys to sell. I've been offered some pretty interesting deals on Sunday when the vendors didn't want to pack everything back in the trailer.

7. mechanic58

mechanic58

Yeah, I'm thinking about hitting the auto swap meet at the Trader's Village in Grand Prairie later this month. I dunno yet, we'll see.

8. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

There's a much better swap meet going on this weekend. Folks are setting up now. It's in Decatur.

9. mechanic58

mechanic58

Well, the reason I was planning on the Trader's Village meet is because I already know for a fact that there's going to be some vendors there selling fiberglass T bodies. Will that sort of stuff be in Decatur?

10. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I can't vouch for certainty. What I can say for sure is that this is a better swap meet than Traders Village ever was.

11. Viv

Viv
    from Texas

I have a fiberglass C-cab body and rolling Spirit industries frame for sale in Del Rio, Texas. Please feel free to call me at (830) 313-2847.