Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New toy,30 Ford 2 door sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfart, Sep 9, 2013.

1. I picked up this model A last week and was going to post about it here but I didn't care to read all the traditionalist bull but I've been a member since 2005 and been blasted here before so heres another chance for you..

I got this 30 locally.It has a TCI frame,glass fenders,steel body,350,350 TH.Currie rear & R&P steering. She has some minor things that need fixing.
    I moved the D/S seat back 4" so I can get in & out.Gas tank is 31 Chevy and is mounted in the rear.
    She has a Walker radiator so the radiator cap is fake.Does anyone make a "dummy" motometer? Or do I have to buy a real one and cut the bottom to fit?
    This Saturday is cruise night in New Smyrna Beach (about 4 miles away) so we are going to show her off there.

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Congrats. I will be the first to say - oh no, not another Ford with a Chevy motor - Ha! I have one too.

3. Airwolf

Airwolf

Do you really give a crap about what some on here think? Your money - your car. Let 'em blast away if that's all the better they have to do. BTW - nice ride.

4. Ralph

Ralph

Somebody must make a dummy motometer cuz my car came with one.
    Ralph

5. Cars cool,,billet tilt is ugly but it's your car. HRP

6. zjerry

zjerry

Nice Looking Model A :)

7. 62rebel

62rebel

nice conservatively done rig. looks "correct" enough for most folks to accept, me included. wouldn't hesitate to pile the miles on that one.

8. you said the tank is mounted in the rear, I guess this did away with the rear seats? right?

9. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

each to their own said the old lady as she kissed the cow! I like it. Mine is likewise, glass fenders, steel body, 80's P&J front tube axle and DB, small block. Mine too came with a dummy motometer. PM me if you want the pieces. I am slowly making progress, steel wheels instead of mags, and so forth. It's fun to drive, right? That's all that counts. I appreciate the traditional, love to see it and I think Ryan's seperation here is fine, everyone has a place at the table. My column is GM tilt, but was covered in upholstery. Some day I'll fix that too but little by little.

10. No.Its mounted in the rear on top of the frame rails.the PO said that it is a 31 Chevy gas tank

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  11. I like it.... Very nice. Drive it, Enjoy it, & make it your own...:)

12. I'd drive it!

13. chaddilac

chaddilac

Nice solid looking car!!!