Register now to get rid of these ads!

FNG from Hollister Ca.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by boboznutz, Aug 31, 2013.

1. boboznutz

boboznutz

Hello hambers, My name is Bob, I am from a shitty little town called Hollister in NorCal. I just picked up a half done chopped 52 Chevy and I am learning basic metal fab skills on it. My father built 70 foot steel commercial fishing boats but I was too young at the time to learn much.

I have dreamed of a chopped kustom since I was 16 and my dad got me a poster called "devil with a hammer and hell with a torch" I used to stare at the cars on that poster and wish I could build something so cool. When I was 16 I got a 55 chevy bel air with a 327 and a powerglide. I remember thinking how cool it was to pull into my high school full of rich kids and have the coolest car (and probably the cheapest:cool:)

As an adult I just never was able to find the time to build a kustom, but I did manage to get a tattoo of a 50 ford chop and a hot little redhead pinup girl:D. Now at 38 and 3 months into having my first son I am finally starting my kustom project, budget will be tight but that's part of the fun of it for me, it forces me to do it myself.

Looking forward to all the help I know I will find here on the hamb and hopefully I will meet a few locals on here for a little more help.

Thanks,
    Bob

2. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Welcome from wi

3. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC, your '52 looks like a great project!

4. boboznutz

boboznutz

Thanks, it looks pretty good in my tiny avatar picture... doesn't show how much work it needs, its a big project but it should be fun!

5. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Welcome from South Ga :)

6. Model T1

Model T1

Welcome from Florida. Great intro and nice project.

7. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Welcome, from Citrus Heights !!

4TTRUK

8. Welcome from 18mi's up the road!

9. Sandwillys

Sandwillys
    from Vail,az

Welcome, I used to live in Hollister 9 years ago, right off San Benito ,always thought it was a nice town. Thank god you're not in Tucson, give my left nut to go back.Good luck to yA.

Attached Files:

10. EnfadosoS

EnfadosoS

Welcome from a small town myself Gustine!! I'm building a 52 Chevy as well!! Nice start!!

11. boboznutz

boboznutz

I have seen your car on here.... top notch ride, I hope mine ends up even close to what yours looks like!
    By the way, is Gustine near santa nella? I have seen the sign for Gustine out there but don't know where the town is!

12. 63tango

63tango
    from California

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

13. riskybiz

riskybiz

Welcome from another Hollister native. Nice Chevy. I have a 50 Fleetline and 50 coupe along with some other cars. You should come out to our gathering at the Kmart parking lot on Nash Rd. the second and fourth Weds of the month.

14. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Welcome, from Citrus Heights !

Happy Roddin', 4TTRUK

15. boboznutz

boboznutz

I will come by, You don't live out on south st and have a chopped mercury in front of your house by any chance?

16. riskybiz

riskybiz

Hi Boboznutz, The chopped Mercury on south st belongs to my friend Leo, He has two Mercury's, and a Maroon 47 Chevy Fleetline.
    Hope you made it out tonight for the Hollister Cruiser meeting at K-mart parking lot. We had a good turn out.
    I brought out my 54 Ford Vicky, It is Maroon with Flames and a white top.
    It along with some of my other cars can be seen in my photo albums.

17. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Welcome from Essex Illinois. I know that poster you mentioned its by Robert Williams. I love his work.

Sent via Western Union Express

18. Welcome from CT! And Early Congrats on the Son.

19. layedout49

layedout49

You ever cruise by Phil's place ? Syrium paint ?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!