Register now to get rid of these ads!

got pulled over this evening

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shotrod, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That makes total sense. I know a few cops and even they don't like the MC ones. Something about when they get those boots and helmet on makes them get all unfriendly.

A Sheriff was telling me one time that he left for work one morning in uniform but in his daily driver and when he turned on the headlights one blew out. Since he had to be at work the was driving along and a MC cop pulled him over and gave him a warning ! :eek: So much for professional courtesy. :D

Don

2. Don.

I live with my wife of 40 years with 3 cats. It just means I have more vet bills. One of them lives in the garage, so I have no mice to contend with.[/QUOTE]
    ...........Your wife or one of the cats?...........

3. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

look familiar?

Attached Files:

4. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Same here, only we call them meter maids. :rolleyes:

5. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

What does it matter anyway ?

Oh man ! The picture of that sissy cop cracked me up. When Ryan restructures the HAMB are we going to loose this type thread.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  6. Be lucky it wasn't 35-40 years ago , that motorcycle cop would still be writing tickets. :eek: As long as you have it titled as a truck you should be good to go.

7. fuzzface

fuzzface

It would be cheaper to put hobby plates on it.

mr48 chevy is reading it wrong. You pay $200.00 for your first hobbyist(or even collector) plate and nothing else. Hobbyist and collector plates are a one time fee for the rest of the time you own the vehicle. if you get another vehicle that is hobbyist or collector then those will be $150 each. First vehicle plate cost $200.00 then each vehicle after is $150.00

They also changed the ruling quite a few years ago that you are not limited to only parade, shows or special occasions. you can drive them no matter what except the month of January. if you want to move it in January then they do offer a 5 day pass at an extra fee.

With collector or hobbyist plates on trucks, you are limited to how much weight you can carry in the back. I think it is still 500#, they talked to raising it up to 750# but I don't think that happened.

The only plates that are really restricted in use are the antique plates but I drive the T's to town for lunch and knock on wood they never bothered me yet.

I run all the plates, hobbyist, collector and antique

oh yea, 1 more requirement is in order to get those plates, you need at least 1 car or truck registered with regular plates on.

8. charlieb66

charlieb66

Sounds a bit like the Geico commercial.

9. BTW, I live alone with 3 cats, does that make me better than the guy with only 2 ? :p:D

Don[/QUOTE]
    I'd say that makes you a pretty bad shot!!;);)

10. little t

little t

officer its regulation hight you can check it if you like

11. Anderson

Anderson

In Texas if it's a truck, you have to register it as a truck...unless it's an antique vehicle 25 years or older. But if it IS registered as an antique vehicle, you better not get caught using it as a truck or you're in trouble.

If you DO register is as a truck, it must also have an annal state inspection too (not required with antique).

12. bblue34

bblue34

You know I worry about the cops taking my money more than the criminals...think about it.

13. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

[​IMG]

Lance: Aw, come on, man, you got nothing better to do than hassle long-hairs?
    Officer Bob Falfa: That's my life, friend. I love my work.

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A tv cop named Falfa? That just seems so wrong.

15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Funny. I had a similar incident with a motorcycle cop just this week! I was driving my '63 Falcon gasser, and he was traveling down the street towards me. Soon as I passed him he did a U turn. I knew he was planning to pull me over, although I'd done nothing to be pulled over, so I turned into the gas station. He followed me in and pulled up to the driver's side door. I said hello, and he asked, "What type of registration do you have on this car?"
    I told him I had "Special Interest" registration, and to that he asked, "You don't have a front plate. Does that registration not require a front plate?"
    I told him the state only issues one sticker if you have original year plates, or one plate if you get SP plates. He then asked why I didn't run a frot plate if I had two, and I told him if I ran the front plate it would have a 1963 sticker, and he'd still be sitting here asking the same questions.
    He wanted to know what the SP sticker or plates rules were, and I explained those to hm also. He simply nodded and drove off; no "thank you", or anything else for teaching him the rules he's supposed to already know. When he left everyone in the gas station came over to ask what he wanted, and they all thought it was pretty funny that he didn't know the laws he's supposed to enforce.
    I've found motorcycle cops to be far more aggressive, and likely to pull you over than others in cars. In our area motorcycle cops are used strictly for traffic enforcement, so writing tickets is their main reason to exist.

16. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

American Graffiti 2

17. joe--h

joe--h
    from New Mexico

A friend of mine sold his business to a retired MC cop. Didn't work out, the new owner treated the customers just like a MC cop treats everyone. Didn't take long to ruin the business.

18. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

Was his first name Al ? :D

19. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

My Deuce roadster has been to 19 states and as far west as Oklahoma, 55K on the clock. The only state that I have ever been hassled in is Rhode Island. My wife and I were looking for a B&B and out of the corner of my eye I see this black & white. About a mile down the road, here he comes, lights and sirens. After he pulled us over he sat in his car for about three minutes he walks over to the passenger side and says "license, registration and insurance". Now I'm a retired firefighter and have worked with police a long time. So I ask "did I do something wrong". He didn't even answer me and walked back to his car. Five minutes he comes back and hands me back my papers. Now he is standing next to my car arms folded smokey hat and mirrored glasses and says, "in the state of Rhode Island we have a law that states all exposed preponderances must be covered by fenders or mud guards, but since you are from out of state you are free to go". When he said "exposed preponderances" I almost looked down at my zipper, but said to myself, don't do it because you have a real breaker here! "Exposed preponderances", what the hell was he thinking about, what the heck does that mean? My wife and I still laugh about that jerk.

20. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

"preponderances" Isn't that what the guys running bias-ply tires call radials? ;)

21. The cop just wanted a closure look at you ride to steal some ideas or whatever.

22. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Being hassled by cops while driving your hot rod is traditional!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.