Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anybody from Vacaville CA?....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazy Steve, Sep 7, 2013.

1. I'm hoping somebody from the area recognizes this car and can help me with it's 'history'....

I bought this car out of Vacaville in June this year from a used car dealer. He had the car for a few years (carried on his inventory so he didn't have to license it) and had got it from another car dealer. Claimed it was 'local' to the area but didn't know who the original builder was.

Here's the car.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Running gear is a M2 front, 8" rear on semi elliptics, 302/C4, GM tilt column, 41 Ford dash (and only the speedo works, the reason for the under dash gauges). No radio, heater, or AC (and as I picked it up during your heat wave, it was one hot, sweltering ride north to Washington... LOL!)

Probably a long shot, but do you recognize this car? Any idea who the original builder was? The reason I want this info is the rear springs need replacing but I have no idea if this was a 'kit' or something scrounged (it's welded in, not a bolt-on). Plus having an idea of the exact years/sources of the parts if any are needed. Other than the front suspension, all the rest definitely looks to be built with OEM parts, although it's pretty well done for the most part.

Thanks!

2. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

I live in Vacaville, I will show the photos to some friends on Monday, did this dealer have it on ebay? this car may have been owned by someone in the military stationed at travis, so many cars come thru this area, see them around for a few months then gone,

3. Send a pic to Vintage Ford in Rancho Cordova ... they could probably point you in the right direction.

4. my50chevy

my50chevy

i think you can do a past history of owner ship from the DMV