Register now to get rid of these ads!

Support from your wife/girlfriend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 34Larry, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

My ex was a 10 but we didn't get along so well.. She had a racing license and loved working on cars, she also loved working on me time to time.

My current wife is also a 10, she initiated the " shop with attached house" hunt a while ago as she didn't like me going to a rented shop every weekend. Now we own a beatiful shop with a nice house next to it, on the countryside, thank's to her. She's even have a classic Mercury convertible, next to my 55. I love her to death.

Attached Files:

2. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

My wife is a 5 on the cars. Money and participation are what we don't see eye-to-eye on. What I see as a family thing really is not appealing to her and what I see as a regular budget line item is always up for debate. If I had my way, I'd live in a shop and spend every dime on things that go fast and look good. She has to beg me to go clothes shopping because I'd rather save for parts and my shoes are coming apart. So her side balances us out, it may not really be fair give her a number. On the positive side, she's alright with the space, tools and equipment and sees that it makes me happy (most important) plus seems to like the art of it. We've been married 11 years tomorrow and our marriage gets better all the time, so even at a 5 with cars I'm a very happy man. In the grand scheme, her support of my hobby is only a small part of what's important. If I had a wife at 10 with cars, I'm sure she wouldn't add up elsewhere.

BTW big thanks to this thread for making me look at the calendar to see how long we've been married, and realizing that our anniversary is tomorrow!!!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  3. wicarnut

wicarnut

My wife is a 10, always supportive and helpful. I'm a very lucky man. John

4. burnout2614

burnout2614

My girlfriend is a 10 plus. Not only is she beautiful, she's smart. She doesn't know cars but I can describe a piece to her at swap meets and she can find it. Rides all day in a hot rod with no air and doesn't complain. Probably dump me before long................ peace

5. DonnaMick

DonnaMick
    from East Texas

A 10. She is my best friend

6. teddyt

teddyt
    from U.S.

My wife is an 8 when it comes to money for my coupe build. I really couldnt ask for a more understanding partner :)

7. Model T1

Model T1

Yes a 10! Been married 56 years this Oct 2013 and helped on cars since 1956. She's brought home parts and two old Chevys from yard sales. :D

8. '48IHC

'48IHC

My gf is a definite 10! Goes to every show, every drive and hangs out in the garage time to time and encourages me to get my build done so I can move on to the next. She's currently restoring a 71 Suzuki ts185 bike by herself. I'm the luckiest man alive.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  9. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

Mine is a 10 I have 5 cars she has 1 that she did all the body work goes to all car shows and carlisle swap meet with me spring and fall

10. castirondude

castirondude

Mine's an 8 as well I guess. She likes the old cars, loves the car shows! She'll scan the classifieds and the internet to find ones she likes a lot or she thinks I will like. She even bought me a '39 Packard last year! She does sometimes complain about my shop, but it's not so much the cars, more all the other junk I have in it! Yea it's too messy, I need to build some better storage. She doesn't really know how to work on cars and for herself she'd just as well have a ~10 year old car that's cheap and functional. I'm sure once I get my fuel injected air conditioned '59 on the road she'll want to drive it too.

11. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

Mine gets a "10". She's not obsessive about it, but she's 100% supportive.

I'm very fortunate...

12. 302aod

302aod
    from Pelham,Tn.

1 Ex wife 0
    2 Ex wife 0
    3 Ex wife 0
    4 3 dogs 10

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  13. My wife gets a 10 for just putting up with me but also rates a 10 for the support with cars . We celibrated 25 years married this year and I got her a 1963 S22 Comet rag top ,she likes to take our boys for rides with the top down.

14. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

My girlfriend of 7 yrs hates my hobby hates my ride has been to 3 shows in 7 yrs with me, one which she turned up half hour before it ended and decided to go get something to eat so she didn't see my ride at all.completely non supportive, thinks its irresponsible and impractical to have an old ride...basically the attention is not on her but something else and she hates it... So now she is my ex

15. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

TO the guys that can't make up there mind: RUN FORREST RUN!!!

16. Nomad35

Nomad35
    from Thailand

A definite 1. When I get a "new" car she goes "...why are you never satisfied?" Duuhhh....

17. 61falcon

61falcon

10! her dad had been building hot rods since the 50's. he laughed at the term traditional. she grew up with hotrods and even helped him in the garage. now she drives the 32 sedan he left us after his passing.

18. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mines a 10---has no issue with the cars and goes with me to swap meets and spots parts that I miss. Been putting up with this for 35+ yrs. Just finished another 40 coupe and she said we need to go find another project!!