Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 41-48 Ford and Merc Picture Thread!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by nitrobrother, May 1, 2013.

1. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

IMG_0356.JPG IMG_0358.JPG My 48

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    EVL401, Hank37, Kage and 4 others like this.
  2. Sweet! Details? Driveline? What are those taillights from?

3. [​IMG]

Don't know what I like about this one, theres just something about it.

4. I've never been a fan of flat/matte, but I do like this one all the way from Finland.
    [​IMG]

Here's the build info.

5. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Thanks ! Details=400 SBC with TH400 Trans. Tailights = 40 Buick Sedan

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  6. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Here is a picture of mine I've had her for quite a while

7. badlefihand

badlefihand

My 10 footer,geting close.

8. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Thinking about picking up this Coupe....dump the 1980s paint job, maybe something in a matte finish, black glossy wheels, white wall cheeters in the back, some skinnys in the front, and a little more drop.

Any input?

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

Heres my ex 4 door today ..it will start going back together very soon!

[​IMG]

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

11. Actually, that's not that bad of a color...doesn't look as pastel as most '80s colors. Maybe just a bit darker like the one in #69. Looks like a great start.

Wow, wow, wow. Build thread?

12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That's what I was thinking. I'd change the rolling stock and stance first and then see how I liked it.

One of the few old-style hot rods still around when I was a kid was a '46-'48 Ford coupe sprayed a medium-blue metallic in the '70s and running Cragars. I think it had a 327 hooked to the original 3-speed. This kind of reminds me of that car.

I ought to go knock on his door and see if he ever got around to restoring it with his sons. They were younger than me, but should be out of high school by now.

13. 1941coupe

1941coupe

my 46 merc rust free body off frame original chassis and suspension completely restored,going with a 1950 olds 303 rocket car was a basket case but have most parts to complete.

14. The gold engine is period perfect!

15. 1941coupe

1941coupe

thanks im oldskool all the way,valve covers will be gloss black with gold wire seperators...car will be painted emerald green metallic ..im hoping to have at least yard drivable by fall, tons of work :cool:

16. I wish I had a lot of money, and a garage...I'd be seriously considering this one.

17. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow, wow, wow. Build thread?[/QUOTE]

Click on the link in my signature ...its at over 100 pages now so you might be there awhile if you find it interesting....

18. ChefMike

ChefMike

sweet ride small changes make big impacts

19. Yeah, um...your "butchery" is way cool! I agree with the guy who said you could MacGyver-up a Duesenberg out of a ball of tin foil...

20. I came across the "1001 Custom & Rod Ideas" magazine coverage of Sam Foose's '48, then had to chase it down.

[​IMG]

21. I'm going back and reading a lot of old(er) magazines and I came across a late-90's article about Gene Winfield planning on building fiberglass '47 Ford coupes and convertibles. It looked cool, and was customized a bit (molded-in fenders, Olds grill, etc.) and fit either an original Ford frame or a "late model GM frame."

Did he ever actually build any (other than the one coupe prototype body they showed in the article)? Are there any floating around out there?

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I totally remember that. Somebody else was doing a '51 Merc along the same lines - I think the chassis was supposed to be from a B-body (Caprice, etc.).

23. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Maybe a bit o/t for this thread, but recently picked up a '46 fordor for a daily driver. Decided to do some simple quick changes. I wanted to give it a bit of hot rod attitude, so I put a 3' lowering leaf, 6.00x16 in front 7.00x16 in rear, it's running a 59a with offenhauser dual carb intake with a couple of strombergs, dual exhaust with smithy's, 3 on the tree with a zephyr gear set, and 3.56's in the rear. I am going to lower it some more in the front and rear, and build a push bar in the front, to create a push/tow vehicle for the roadster.

How I got it:
    [​IMG]

With the new stance, rims, tires, and hoodless (hood hinges need to be fixed)
    [​IMG]

24. LHazleton

LHazleton

This is my '47. Now, if I could only get it to start again............

25. This thread has been dormant for long enough. Found this while looking for something else.
    [​IMG]

26. Al Serpa's '46 with work by Gene Winfield.
    [​IMG]
    More information available on the Most Excellent Kustomrama site.

Model T1 likes this.
  27. The new '46s are here! Let's go down to Jim Hills Ford to check them out!
    [​IMG]

Model T1 likes this.