Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. davo461

davo461

I, also, hope that the Boss leaves you to continue our journey.
    If threads of this genre are to be eliminated, it would be neat to have a 'suburb' developed ,for builds such as this, in the manner of the Ford Barn, Dogfight, etc.
    I know that this would represent a huge increase in workload.
    I'm just dreaming!
    Keep up the excellent work , Eric, I hope that we can all see the finished result!
    Cheers, Davo.

2. why would they take down this thread, what gives you that notion? honestly I wouldn't even be surprised though. Wait its america, shit nothing surprises me in this lost country. a revolution will always prevail. I like your patience man, doing things right.

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks for your post Eric. I just got notice that my HAMB Alliance membership was due for renewal but after reading info about changes I'm gonna hold off on renewal until I know where everything is going. Being a child of the '60s and early '70s I grew up appreciating the cars of the earlier era's that I saw firsthand at that time. I love the older stuff but also have an appreciation for the late '60s early -'70s stuff and the crossover that happens between them. I guess we'll see where this goes. In any event, please put me on your update list, I've followed your cars' progress for far too long to suddenly lose the trail. Hell, PM me and I'll give you my email address. Eli

4. oh lord, now I see what your talking about. sorry I'm outta the loop, I really only watch some threads on here, cause the drama and politics on here are insane. I will say I understand what the site wants to be about, but if they wanted to be all traditional and or "their terms" cool, than that should have been done years ago. Now they have so many followers, good threads, some ok knowledge etc and they are just going to let alot of people down and weed out the crowd. It would be sad to see something like your thread for example, all the years of people following and boom, peace out cause your not traditional. This topic is like religion, just better not discussed. Good luck eric. what you should do is start a free blog and document your build there. One last thing, I understand traditional, I like the idea of preserving things, but rust never sleeps, shit is drying up out there fast. People don't realize that this shit was made 60 and more years ago. Eventually its going to be a rich mans hobby because all your "original" parts are all dried up. Thus weeding out alot of folks that would like to have a piece of history rolling down the road. I try and do my part by buying everything I can, 12 plus cars and trucks from the 40's-50's and Im just getting started. Why, cause I know its only going to get harder doing this, thats what sparks glass body and repro stuff. Bottom line, this is an art and lifestyle, we didn't build this shit, the company's did, all we do is customize it to our vision or restore it to theirs.

5. 1959apache

1959apache

I agree, I was finally going to pony up the fee to finally become an alliance member, but since mine maybe shut down as well I think I will wait to see where everything goes. I think the talent pool and number of people on the HAMB will shrink significantly if threads start getting closed. I was here as well at the beginning, I think you still may have my email Eric, but PM me if you don't.

6. I too will bide my time and see how fair and un-biased things will be on here. All I can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

7. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

All I can say is WTF, it's a 41 plymouth, with a first gen Hemi if thats not traditional enough what is. Good luck finding original chassis parts on rides like that and why would you wnat to? Hot rodding has always been about modifying and improving those "Traditional mods" are still mods there were no V8's in 1932 for Christ sake.

Many of us have learned a lot from threads like this and I'm sure if this type of subject is discontinued someone will develop another sight where we can see this type of build continue. I know I will not be the same if I don't see the conclussion of Eric's Plymouth!!!!!!!!!!!

8. j hansen

j hansen

I really hope that you are "allowed" to remain on the HAMB.
    I would really miss reading about your build.

9. duke460

duke460
    from Wisconsin

I have been watching the Farmer12 build for several years. Gave me the inspiration to get my 47 Plymouth moving. Hope your build stays up until completion. Understand the reason for tightening the rules but after having a '55 and '65 Ford with all the period hardware I am due for a few creature comforts. Just started posting my build but will have to 'skip' the non traditional parts on this site.

Great job, PM me if your site gets taken down.

10. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:eek:Hi Eric.Shoot me a PM if anything hits the fan.Thanks.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

11. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Been watching your build to inspired me to work on my 40 plymouth coupe

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  12. From what was posted on the Jalopy Journal, this should nicely fit in the 'General discussion' area. But who's call is it?
    It certainly has my vote and I don't know if I've said it before but, this car is amazing. You have done a spectacular job with it farmer and I have enjoyed watching. I tuned in and subscribed when I first saw that hemi and I've been hooked ever since!

I hope this thread isn't closed down, I really want to see it painted!

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Agree, this thread isn't going anywhere. Thank goodness.

14. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you all for the support the last few days! Great to see so many of you out there concerned about this build. Awesome.

Looks like the thread is here to stay in the "general discussion" area. Pheww!! (I was a little worried there for a moment.....)

Back to the build. Hope to have the chassis back in the garage in two weeks time. Meanwhile, I've been cleaning and painting the garage, removed the dirty rubber tiles, awaiting special garage tiles. On top of that, I've just (with the help of a few friends) re-done the complete roof of the garage. So have I been sitting around doing nothing: NO. Next progress installment will be when I get the chassis back. Thanks again guys!

15. awesome, this is one of the threads I watch on here, hate to have to look elsewhere. Glad you are sticking around, we need to see it finished!:D

16. hemi v8

hemi v8

Agree 100%! Great to hear that this thread is staying on the H.A.M.B. Would have been sad to see it closed. Now get back in the garage Eric!

17. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Farmer.Glad to see that you are still with us.Gotta say again.Outstanding build.Also getting on to that time of year to stock up on firewood,so we will understand if your updates are a little slow :D:D.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

18. hasty

hasty

Glad you are still here. Looking forward to seeing it in paint.

19. metalguy

metalguy
    from down south

Agree. Good to see the thread is here to stay. And we finally see color!!!!

20. defc10

defc10
    from auburn ky

21. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you gentlemen for your support! Looks like I'm here to stay in the "traditionally styled customs" section. While I'm waiting for the chassis to be completed at the powder coating company, I've been very busy cleaning and re-doing my whole garage. (including roof, paint and all new tiles!) This will now become a garage instead of a workshop. Once again, everything has taken longer than expected, but I anticipate to have it completed next week.:D

22. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Powder coating is not traditional, Eric! ;)

Seriously, I'm going to hang around and see how yours turns out. I guess that since I decided to put a Fatman stub on mine, it will likely get killed. Sigh.

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Actually the powder coating being used might just be the result of many Allied pieces of equipment being reworked after WWII; the equipment was dismantled and ground down, elements separated and re-designated for future use as opportunities presented themselves. Thus the powdercoating material in this situation could have at one time been part of an Allied tank or truck or kitchen utensil from the war, thus making it traditional. Or not.:D

24. davo461

davo461

Rationalization and adaptation at its absolute best, Eli! ha ha.
    Eric, we are all wetting our knickers, waiting for the next episode.
    Davo.

25. coburn23@gmail.com

[email protected]
    from seattle

She's sure fine looking man...She's somthin else!

26. farmer12

farmer12

It has been a couple of weeks since I've posted any progress, but that is about to change.....

Finally got a call this morning that the frame is ready! So I borrowed my welder's truck and drove the 45 minutes to the powder coating shop. It came out looking awesome! Also picked up the other parts that were coated. Took it all home to my garage, jacked it up, cleaned it and took a few pics. That was my day. A great day!

Hope to have a spare few hours this week and start mounting a few bits and pieces. :D For some reason, I've been looking forward to this period for quite a while now. Another chapter has begun. Yes!:D:D:D

Attached Files:

Hogman likes this.
  27. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Hooray! Back at it!

28. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Driving 45 minutes in the Netherlands sounds like you might have gone to a different country!
    Good to see you're back at it with a vengeance.
    TP

29. farmer12

farmer12

After a few weeks of painting and tiling the garage, it certainly feels good to get back to the real stuff.

Thanks zibo. Well it was more 45 minutes of mostly traffic lights and part highway, in a truck that won't really go past 55mph. So yes, I did stay in my own country.:D

30. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Now the fun part begins!