Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. I like the look with the skirts. keep up the good work.

2. WOW-That is bad ass Kipp.Dreaming of the day when I can roll mine out and take a look at it like you.

3. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

4. 35cab

35cab

just found this thread, you do great work, love the grille and the skirts.
    Looking forward to seeing this car progress.
    Subscribed, thanks for posting.

5. 32coop

32coop
    from Australia

I absolutely love this build. I hope I can pull off something like this on my 35 5 window.

6. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Kip that thing looks awesome! Love it. It kills me how much you get done in short amounts of time.

What are your thoughts about the "filled" sides of the grill? You mentioned maybe louvers or something? Those sides look too much like a blank canvas asking for a little customizing!

The skirts are going to look really good man.

Mac

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

This car is coming out incredible. You are truly an inspiration for my 36 build.
    I can't wait to see the finished product.

8. lowkeyfilmz

lowkeyfilmz
    from 727

Looking great, nice details on the skirts

9. Skirts say "custom". W/o skirts says just plain "Badass". Wierd never thought I felt that way. Great work!

10. Thanks. The skirts are a must have.
    Thanks Kenneth. The first time I rolled her out was a great day for sure. It puts a whole new spin on things. Yours will be a roller in no tome at the rate youre going.
    Thank you.
    Thanks. Im looking forward to more progress also. Was hoping to be block sanding by now.
    I wasent sure how far I could take her when I started but she keeps progressing. Good luck with your 35.

11. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Love the look but worry about airflow. 39 Buicks had a tiny grill nose opening and were prone to overheating. Will you duct up some air from underneath?

12. Thank Mac. Still don't know exactly what to do on the sides yet. Any suggestions welcomed.
    Thanks. I cant wait either.
    Thank you. A guy I know said he had a set of 36 ford skirts so I went to see them and he also had these 41 Buick skirts that fit the build much better.
    Thanks. I see you changed your avatar. Time to mount those fenders? hope so.

Thank again everyone.

13. I do plan to put a scoop underneath. I also plan to leave the louvers on the hood to let heat escape and I had the radiator recored for better flow so hopefully with a shroud that will be enough.

14. fleet-master

fleet-master

Great work Kippers the outside shots look very cool !!

15. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

This picture shows that the addition of the chin panel creates an absolutely bitchin' front fender line.

You gotta do something with that bumper so you don't cover up those beautiful lines.

It's got such a graceful curve to it, and then there's that damned flat iron looking bumper covering it all up.

For the love of God man! Doooo something!!!

:D

It is a custom, after all. ;)

16. tdragger1

tdragger1
    from Az

And when you have to buy them every year just like the rest of the cheaply made crap they sell that breaks after two uses hopefully you will have a moment of clarity and think.."hmm, were these really such a good deal." Are you out of work yet? Keep buying crappy foreign goods and you soon may be...

17. Definitely food for thought. I think I'll go sit and look at her a little more and see what she tells me.

18. Got a little more done today. With the new grill the stock bull nose wont work so I made a new one. I started with a 5"x1/4" flat bar and made a buck.

[​IMG]

Then I got a piece of 1/2"x3/4" solid bar and tacked it to the buck.

[​IMG]

With a little heat I wrapped the bar around the buck.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  19. I then sanded the round profile to match the stainless hood devider strip. With the new bullnose polished its ready to trim to fit.

[​IMG]

The bullnose is now trimmed and tacked in to a mounting bracket in front and the hood support on the back.

[​IMG]

I need a little more adjustment on the fit and then I can modify the front of the hood then send the new bullnose off for chrome.

[​IMG]

20. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Once again, very very cool Kip...

21. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

Badass thread man! between you and kenneth im falling way behind!

22. This is started to get really scary Kipp.I don´t know if you have gotten in to my head or vice versa but you are tackling things just as I´ve planning to do it on mine.By the way nice job on the bullnose....Kenneth.

23. Thanks for the support Mac. Hopefully she'll be on the road by speed week.

24. Thanks Nate! At the rate you slammed out the tailpan and quarter you'll catch up quickly. Looking forward to seeing all 3 finished.
    That puts me in very good company! Trying to be totally late 40's traditional custom is proving to be much harder and far more rewarding than I could have ever imagined. Thank as always Kenneth. Cant wait to see what you have in store on your front end!
    Later Kipp.

25. I was not totally happy with the alignment on the bullnose so I cut it apart lowered it 1/4" in the rear moved it back about 3/8" and moved the rear to the left about 3/16" and now it ligns up better.

[​IMG]

Now its welded off and finished.

[​IMG]

26. After I finished the bull nose I started on the hood. I started on the left side of the hood cutting the sides stretching the nose out then hammer and dollying into shape. Now tacking the existing hood into shape.

[​IMG]

Then I made a patch out of two pieces to fill the void at the tip.

[​IMG]

When everything was formed and welded then it was sanded and finished. One side done and ready for the other.

[​IMG]

MyCrustyVW likes this.
  27. koolkemp

koolkemp

Damn that's beautiful work !!

28. It's looking fantastic Kip!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. These are very simple clamps and really nothing can fail on them. Don't freak out on the small stuff tdragger. They are just like Eastwood's and any other for that matter. These clamps aren't putting any Americans out of work. It's the policies that let Companies move to China without taxes and the Corporate welfare handed to these and other big companies. I've been using these for years and its just not worth the time to make them. Your logic is like me saying Quit typing on your computer complaining about Harbor freight as you are using a foreign product to do it and putting Americans out of work!! They're under $10 dollars for a set of fucking clamps. Pathetic.
    Oh and incredible work Kippers!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  30. Wow! Just outstanding work. Absolutely perfect... One beautiful car.