Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pebble Beach 2013 WHO WON? Photos???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Aug 18, 2013.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

HEMI32, Thanks for the Varni vedio, hope to get there some year. Bob

HEMI32 likes this.
  2. You've pretty much summed up all I've ever known Boris to do.

HEMI32 likes this.
  3. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

My good friend Bill Akin and I attended with his 1962 Epperly Mid Continent Securities Spl....and the car won first in class and the Tony Hulman award (most outstanding open wheel race car present). This makes 3 firsts, 2 Tony Hulman awards, and 2 seconds (one with a car that scored 100 points!!!)...Not bad for a redneck from Tennessee who by the way does all his own work in his well equipped basement at home...congrats go out to him.....

I'm attaching a link that shows all winners....FYI...Joe

http://www.concoursdates.com/pebble-beach-concours-winners-2013

And if of you are interested...here's a link to a 3 hour repeat of the awards ceremony...we are at about 2:52 on the timer...when you get the link scroll down and click on the third video....

http://www.concoursdates.com/pebble-beach-concours-video-2013

I'm also attaching pics....that's ole 32STUPRES driving this Pebble Beach winner at Indy in May....

HEMI32 likes this.
  4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome!!!!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It was entered by the family of the late North Carolina businessman Eddie Smith Sr., the car’s one and only owner. The vehicle was estimated by RM to be worth between $14 million and $17 million, but the auction exceeded that number quickly. Only 10 of the NART Spyders were ever built, and Canadian fashion entrepreneur Lawrence Stroll, a racing enthusiast, was named by some in the room as the auction’s winner. However, the auction house has not disclosed the winner. While the Ferrari definitely set the record for the most expensive road car, it didn’t beat the record for any car sold at auction.

6. You should've said Hi! :)

Here's the pic I was taking.

Attached Files:

HEMI32 likes this.
  7. Is that the Bob Herda streamliner? I did not know it still existed, Awesome!!!

HEMI32 likes this.
  8. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

I saw the Herda Streamliner sitting on a trailer parked in front of Alfie's restaurant in the village of Arroyo Grande, CA on the Sunday after it it was on display at our Gas Up event at the Mendenhall Museum. People were crowding around it and taking pictures like crazy.

9. Stunning vehicle!

10. Yep. Some bloke called Milodon on the tail as well. :)

HEMI32 likes this.
  11. So... I go to a car thing, take some photos and talk to people. What the hell do you do? :p

HEMI32 likes this.
  12. stingbean

stingbean

13. barry2952

barry2952

Thank you.

14. Congrats indeed... but weren't they built by rednecks in the first place? ;)

15. Irish

Irish

That Graber Alpha is outstanding! What a beautiful and cool car!

16. this is suppose to be the best of the best show in the world ....

some of the high price tag cars and really scare/ rare ones also

17. No supposed to be about it....

it IS the finest display of automobiles gathered yearly on the planet.

Yes, there are more fun hot rod shows etc, but this it the ultimate.... :cool:

18. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And the wheels are dead wrong. I defy anyone to find an operable 33-36 Packard in a factory photo with chrome drop center rims. The wheel rim was painted chassis color and a trim ring applied, the spokes and center hub were chrome. It looks magnificent when done right, but for some reason it seems accepted to do this. Personal peeve maybe, but I have decades invested in Packard details and production standards. And no, the fact it's true custom Dietrich coachwork does not give it a pass. It's still on an 1108 Packard chassis. Beautiful car otherwise and I'm sure the rest is right to the standard of Pebble Beach.

19. Packardbarry

Packardbarry
    from Utah

JOCKO - Sorry to tell u the peiod photo of this car shows it with full Chrome Wheels. It seems typ. if Chromes were ordered u got a chome Hub and Spokes but the Rims could be ordered in chrome also. Believe the PARTS BOOK call it out. There r other period photos showing PACKARDs with full chrome. Thinking PACKARD recomended the paint of the rim because the figure u can touch up paint after a tire job but not chrome. BUT The Customers Always Right and if he wanted it he could get it. Tom Moretti , Ill. was restoring a '34 12 Limo that had Factory full chome.

http://www.daleadamsenterprises.com/packardvictoria1934.html

20. Chuck G.

Chuck G.

21. alsancle

alsancle

[​IMG]Go to Dale Adam's home page for the full story on this car. I don't like whitewalls personally and the tires look too wide for the period but otherwise fantastic.

22. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

23. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know the story on this car, read all the books from Blend to Kimes and countless others. I've studied hard and long on this topic. I also know what my parts books call out too. It was in very good hands with Adams. Did a lot of business with him over the years and I'm not the least bit surprised by the results. I also have reams of OEM Packard photos like many others do. If it is there as truly correct I've missed it for near 3 decades. To be clear, I'm talking strictly drop center 17" rims for wire wheels. I think it's perhaps doubly important on the 12s with the tubular outer edges considering what chrome does to a nearly sealed area like that.

I appreciate the conversation and I'm really happy to see this car saved. Always liked it.

24. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri