Register now to get rid of these ads!

Casualties/appropriate builds etc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by holt1, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

With every ounce of due respect and with a whole lot of assumption as to whats on Ryan's mind for the new/old HAMB (which I swore I wasnt going to do, dammit) this thread might be EXACTLY the stuff that will no longer be here. Build your car, post it up, it will either make the "cut" or it wont, then go from there. If the HAMB ideals dictate how you build your car, more power to ya, I know for a fact they are influencing mine a little more bit by bit as i can afford it. Long live hot rods, cool parts, and hard work, death to warm and fuzzy threads.....no offense.

2. holt1

holt1

No offense taken! Actually I wholeheartedly agree! Funny, I asked multiple times about the cars I'm building about posting here and very few responses to that, which really was the focus of my post. Not, how do I need to build them so they fit in here but these are my plans for both cars, can I post or not post? All out of trying to have respect for the forum. Everything else became the focus BUT my car questions. Thanks to those who gave some opinions about posting the builds instead of taking the opportunity just to take a personal shot at me. Which I can take by the way. It's too bad though. I know people who are members in real life. They are "top shelf" guys. Can't imagine a few who posted here are worth spitting on much less hanging out with. This thread needs to die off into oblivion I would think.

3. holt1

holt1

Yeah, actually that's a great idea, thanks! I'm wondering if taller springs would be cheaper though. 58 was the first year of coil springs in the rear. But if I use the airlift bags I could drop the back down and put the stock steelies with the hubcaps I like on it. I dig that look too. Thought that might be an advantage of the air shocks. I do know there were some "bagged" cars pre-65 if I remember right about seeing some custom car show cars with them in magazines from back then. Weren't some of the lowrider guys using them back then?

4. Wow, I think we all just need to take a deep breath. Everything will work out.

5. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Everyone has or should of read the rules for this board,seems to me all this off track shit is like a slap in the mug to all of us that enjoy what this place is about.just lay back and let the boss fix it.Those that cant stand it move on.Also would like to see that facebook link at the top be eliminated,seems to be an in for every yahoo riding a bicycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.