Register now to get rid of these ads!

Primer/Ventura Nationals 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sanfordsotherson, Jun 28, 2013.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Trying to finish my 46 for the show, always a fun show, love the town and the people, kiwi kevans is always great , can't wait!

2. Gareth

Gareth
    from San Diego

I'll be there! First time for me. Staying at the Vagabond.

3. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

So many great things happening Labor Day weekend. A massive thank you to everyone who is making the trip. We are truly thankful that you guys are choosing to spend your holiday weekend in our little town.

4. These two, headed south from Nor Cal friday morning...

Attached Files:

5. Staying at the Motel 6 if I can get my Biscayne ready.

6. Be there for sure!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. vw tim

vw tim

First time,can't wait!

8. I am not gonna make it like I thought. I have been given the chance to work with one of the great metal guys here in phoenix on my car making some panels that I cannot make and he is willing to teach me. So the car is going into his shop today and all next week we will be making major progress on the metal work on the car. I will plan better for next year when I can come over there for more time. Someone please post pics of the show.

9. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

I'm already there. I have the camera ready. I will go and drive around down by the fairgrounds and take some pictures. I will also take some pictures downtown tonight.

10. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

Not much going on yet. I only saw a few cars. Primer would be the optimum word for the cars. Nothing picture worthy.

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Rolling from the So Bay Saturday morning in the Grand Prix.
    Staying at the Vagabond.
    PontiacCards 005.jpg

12. Anyone seen Kev?

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1377918909.798609.jpg

13. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

I saw that car parked on one of the side streets. There was some nice cars downtown. I saw the Butch Leal 65 Plymouth driving down main street. If that was not real it sure looked like it.

14. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

It's gonna be a good day. Temps in the low '70's.

15. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

Blow it out of context. There was not much going on earlier. :confused:

16. Show was good, Motel 6 was dead. Used to be jumping. Where did everybody stay? Not at Motel 6 they didn't.

17. cornernfool

cornernfool

Any word if the Reliability Run is still on for Sunday? I heard flash flood warnings on the weather band for Ventura County. Just curious.

18. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

The reliability run is 100% a go see you at plaza park at 10am

19. A few of us at the Motel were talking on Friday about alternate things to do next year because of the drastically falling attendance of the past few years................but, it's FIXED. Saturday showed us the new management had the right recipe. The turnout was the biggest in years. All the people I've known to quit going over the years for different reasons were ALL there. The show supposedly was to end at 5PM yet spectators were still in line to get in as late as 3.30 that I saw. Good job!!!

20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks for me giving me a ride in the willys kevan , down town was packed and their was an informal cruize, very smart move an holly's part to get the down town merchants involved, they had the whole place fixed up and people were hanging out watching the cars cruize

21. Jay71

Jay71

Been to all 11 Primer/Ventura Nationals. Seems that Holley has turned a show that was slowly dieing and breathed new life into it. Great turn out. Great cars. The best part was having downtown get involed. So cool to see alot of cars cruising and people hanging out on Main! I could never understand why downtown was dead when there were hundreds of cars in town. It was the Friday night I'd always wanted to see downtown. When the show got real hot on Saturday, I walked across the street n went for a swim at the beach. Good times. Good job Holley!

22. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Biggest turnout I've ever seen.

23. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Best turn out I've seen in a long time. Holley did a great job along with Aaron and Matt including others. Great job!

24. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Robert, you should have hung around. Sitting in front of Groucho's room, we had a blast people watching. :D

25. buick64

buick64
    from socal

pics are where?

26. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Pics are on HotRodHotLine.com and YouTube.com

27. Hey Rick, thinking about selling that Biscayne.