Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Need pics of 55 Pontiac custom grilles and bumpers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by belair, Aug 24, 2013.

1. belair

belair

What do you have? I have a line on CLEAN, low miles 55 2dht, but can't get past the busy front bumper and grille. Who did it better than stock?

2. slick a&t

slick a&t

Here are a few examples.

Attached Files:

3. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

The one in the upper right corner looks like a good start. Let's try a quick 'shop on it:
    [​IMG]
    Full width bumper and paint the lower pan to match the body - less busy and makes the design look wider without looking heavier. Over to you...

4. flypa38

flypa38

[​IMG]
    Mine's a 56 with 51 or 52 Buick grille.....Pretty close to what you have

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013

5. belair

belair

Thanks guys. These give me some ideas and some hope. One thing I realized is that the car has the optional grille guard, which adds a lot of visual weight to the front. Thanks again.

6. belair

belair

Bump for one more try.

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

The 55 Pontiac is such an underrated ride as a kustom. The grill is the best stock, the front bumpers are so sought after by people ,and in the stock setting in the 55 the are in perfect position.with the Indian lucite head that lights up ,you couldn't ask for more its such a great looking front end. The problem with modifying the front is that it could end up looking like a fish mouth sort of set up. I would keep it stock and work on body mods. The grille is a highlight on those rides. Just my 2 cents, I owned one for years and realized the grille wasn't a thing to mess with. Good luck with the decision

8. RI5KY

RI5KY

I have a few photos of my 55 in my album, Check it out

9. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Here's an earlier pic of my front end before it turned into a gasser style car.
    The headlight eyebrows , Pontiac letters on the hood, hood emblem all have been removed. It has the chrome bar back on the hood now, still missing the trim on the fender below the headlight that matches up with the hood bar. The hood in the pic also had the holes filled in for the hood strips, but I don't think that looks right.

I've seen on others were the strips on the grille were removed. I think what was removed from my 55 cleans up the front end pretty good without going full custom.

[​IMG]