Register now to get rid of these ads!

~~~Where are the Arizona Rodders~~~

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zeitlerusmc, Sep 30, 2008.

1. can you say Water cooled bagger????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

When and where is the on cruisin central, have been here for about a month now?

3. I just found this thread. Wish I knew about the Occotillo deal. I'd like to check that one out.
    I am glad to read here that I am not the only one who does not like Scottsdale and their pavillions deal. Puts me to sleep. I want to hang with hot rodders, hot boaters and drag racers! I like musclecars too but, modified ones. I could never drive a stock anything.
    I lived in east Phoenix, 48th/Thomas from '63-'78, then Tempe- Guadalupe Price '78-82. then ASU area, then Chandler- Az ave/Warner '84-'05. Now Maricopa on 5 acres! Like the elbow room and room for cars! But...tired of the dust and heat, I bought land near Spingerville/St Johns near the NM border and plan to move there over the next few years.

I'd like to get together with other hot rodders in the area. I also host the longest running nostalgia meet at Speedworld Dragstrip since 2003 and also a Pontiac only meet since '98. Each event has drags, show and swap and more.
    let me know whenever anyone wants to meet up.

Thanks,
    Steve Barcak
    www.pontiacheaven.org

<DIR>Hosting 11th annual Pontiac Heaven, show, swap, drags, party and all around good time. Saturday April 4, 2009 at Speedworld near Phoenix, Az
    Also hosting- 7th annual Nostalgia drags, show and swap coming Sunday April 5, 2009 to Speedworld. Phoenix, Az
    </DIR>

Attached Files:

4. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

Checking in from the beautiful slum of Scottsdale, the old part of town known as South Scottsdale or Old Town, the part of town the snobs wish would just go away. Actually my block is prety cool with a couple of hot rods and a muscle car, no HOA, and lots of good lookin' women on the green belt.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

the heart of downtown Phoenix checking in ! The belly of the beast ! central ave. & virginia. Been down here for the past twenty years, Scottsdale & Shea before that. (before there was a Scottsdale & shea!) Oh a few years in Tempe too. sorry i found this post so late!

6. AF/X

AF/X

SIERRA VISTA, 75 MILES SOUTH EAST OF TUCSON.
    HAVE A OLD CAR DEALERSHIP WWW.RICHARDSONMOTORCOMPANY.COM
    WE ARE GETTING READY TO MOVE INTO OUR NEW REMODELED LOCATION HERE IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS. AFTER WE GET IN I'D LIKE TO GET ALL THE AZ HAMBERS TOGETHER AND HAVE YOU ALL DOWN TO OUR PLACE FOR A BBQ. SOUND LIKE SOMETHING INTERESTING? PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'D REALLY LIKE TO MAKE IT A YEARLY OR A TWICE A YEAR OR 4 TIMES A YEAR ETC.. NO KIDDING THOUGH I THINK IT WOULD COOL TO DO. I'LL SUPPLY ALL THE FOOD AND THE PLACE TO HANG OUT. LET ME KNOW CAUSE IV'E NEVER PUT ANYTHING LIKE IT TOGETHER BUT HEY IT COULD TURN INTO SOMETHING LIKE VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!! OUR DEALERSHIP SELLS NEWER CARS ALSO, BUT WE HAVE A TON OF OLD STUFF NOT POSTED ON OUR WEB PAGE. BUT WE ARE SELLING MORE AND MORE OLD STUFF ALL THE TIME KIND OF A NITCH I GUESS. ANYWAY LET ME KNOW. ALSO DO YOU THINK I SHOULD START A SEPARATE THREAD TO DISCUSS THIS. I'M SERIOUS GUYS IT COULD BE COOL!!!

ROB

7. Sounds good Rob.
    Got anymore 63 Rivi's layin around?

8. Hip2bsquare

Hip2bsquare
    from Gilbert,AZ

White Tank Mountains here!!!

Attached Files:

9. Razorshotrods

Razorshotrods
    from Phoenix

Any info on the cruisin central thing??

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sounds great to me ! figure out a date and time and post it, i'll make that drive just about any time! love that part of our state! To fill those in interested in the central cruise deal, it kind of fell by the wayside. might still be a few cars out there though. For the folks that are new to our little slice of hell (Phoenix), central was the happening place to cruise from aprox. 1950 to 1992 or so. It's no accident that my digs are aprox. 10 doors from central ! It sure made it easy to set up your races, collect the wagers and get home before the helicopters & police bikes found you ! It would be very nice to see it happen again, but would require some folks that want to cruise not park in the lots. Oh , and maybe no racing or squirling around this time ! anyone up for it?

11. Mike

Mike

I'm up for a road trip to Sierra Vista for sure.

12. willimoto

willimoto

Do any of the old timers remember Joe Franco and his Kurtis 500 - He had the car in the late 50's - after he sold it it stayed in Arizona for quite a few years - any Arizona folk remember this car?

Attached Files:

13. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

'

Sounds like a nice time. I get down that way on the bike or in the 120..just name the date..

14. MilesM

MilesM

So there is a Shop open house BBQ in Sierra Vista and a Pot luck Picnic in Casa Grande. Both sound like fun road trips. Let us know the dates when they firm up.

15. I am in for a road trip......just let us know on the date:rolleyes:

16. wrecker55

wrecker55

up here in the cool pines...................maybe 25 right now,lol

17. $1.65 a gallon.Im ready lets roll

18. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Used to live in Sierra Vista,,,, about 11 years ago....

I can make it for a show after mid may,,, if I get the car done in time....

I am a New Mexican now though....

19. jerry

jerry

I just filled up last night for $1.55!

Lets go somewhere!

jerry

20. Huntfamily53

Huntfamily53
    from AZ

Mesa here University/Lindsay

1953 ford f100 project in the works.

21. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

Sounds good to me Rob...........let us know when.

22. All right all you Arizona HAMBers. You are all invited to the Southwest Nostalgia Drags at Speedworld in Surprise, AZ. Its a quick drive off the 101 going towards Wickenburg.

Here is the thread link to let us if you are coming.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338225

The date is two weeks from now. March 14th.

23. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

north phoenix 19th Union Hills.

24. 50burban

50burban

not sure if anyone is viewing anymore?....lol
    tucson hamber here tucson chapter sinners pres.

25. Yeah - the thread died months ago. But I figured if it came up again, some of the AZ people might see the Nostalgia Drags shameless plug.

26. bluardun

bluardun
    from tucson az.

Been here 70 years, north/east of Tucson. 1/2 mile west of the Mount Lemmon Cut off, on a small ranch. Tucson has a rich history of racers and races. Great times,and memories.