Register now to get rid of these ads!

36 Ford Headlights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36joe, Aug 26, 2013.

1. 36joe

36joe
    from Tennessee

Can someone advise as to what I may be missing. I have the original bucket and a Halogen reflector/bulb kit from Bob Drake. I've installed the round rubber seal between the reflector and the lens. I've also installed a square rubber gasket on top of the lens that should mesh between the lens and the stainless rim. Problem is that there is still about a 3/8" gap within the assembly. I've searched the net looking for detail of original parts but can't find anything. I suspect there is a ring missing between the bucket and the reflector. HELP! :confused:

2. Did this a while back on a '36 with stock type headlights. It went HL bucket, reflector (clips hold them in, no gasket under them), square cork gasket, then lens. No gasket between lens and trim ring that I recall. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong....

Wondering if you have some mis-matched parts?

3. 36joe

36joe
    from Tennessee

LOL......My bad.....I wasn't putting the clips over BOTH the lens and the reflector only the lens.....duh!
    That said I do have a round seal between the reflector and the lens ( it came withe the halogen reflector) and another square rubber seal between the rim and the lens. It fits but you do have me wondering if I went further than necessary. :D