Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Auction score, 32 ford tudor body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Aug 25, 2013.

1. titus

titus

Scored a pretty decent 32 ford tudor body this weekend at an auction in northern MN, a buddy of mine had told me about it but originally i was going to be out of town, as luck would have it my plans changes. i was up scouting the cars out (3 32 ford tudors) and another one of my freinds showed up. we were both interested in bodies but werent sure if we would be able to buy em, we hatched a plan as the body i wanted came with some part my buddy needed. my buddy bid on the first car, a chopped 32 tudor with a modified original frame and won the bid, then it came to the second car we wanted to buy together, he bid and won so we hatched out the details and i got the body, the third body (upside down one) went for resonable too but after buying the first two we were spent. luckily we both came away with projects and it was a fun time!

jeff

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Damn good scores all around. Any plans maybe a lake style rod ?

3. Awesome!!

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - congrats

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Jeff once again awesome!!

6. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

WOW, what a great score!

Plans?

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Great score! Congrats!

8. Gotta love it when a plan comes together

9. brady1929

brady1929

10. titus

titus

Not totally sure yet on a build style, i have a couple ideas rolling around in my head but well see.

the body is over all solid and good except the passenger side wheel well/subrail, not sure what some one was planning but thankfully they didnt get to far, its missing a 12" or so peice of the subrail and same length but 5 or so inches high of the wheel well. so dunnno if it was gonna get channeled or what. thankfully i have some nice peices to patch it in with.

JEFF

11. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Sweet...Great score....congrats..

12. Jeff,It is a wide and universally known fact that women can't have enough shoes and it is also known that Deuce guys can't have enough projects! :D

Congratulations on the newest acquisition. HRP

13. thequietwon

thequietwon

Isn't that the truth. I would like to have a nice sedan project myself.

Titus...By the way, that dropped heavy axle I bought from you last year looks great in my new roadster (the one I'm "butchering" by unchanneling it).Good luck, and great score on the sedan...
    Sam

14. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

15. alchemy

alchemy

20 or 25 years ago my brother and Dad and I went to a HUGE auction west of the Cities. The guy had a warehouse filled with tons of speed parts, car parts, and a hundred old cars with a LOT of '32's in the mix. Dad bought two chopped and channelled tudor bodies.

Minnesota is the Land of a Thousand Tudors.

16. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Good news on the purchase and there are hopefully 2 more that will see the road some day.

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

18. NealinCA

NealinCA

Nice score. Good to see more 32 stuff coming out of the woodwork.

Neal

19. redo32

redo32

If the number of shoes in the wife's closet is how we keep score, then I've got some catching up to do. Unless your going by dollar value, I don't think my wife goes crazy for expensive shoes, and we all know there ain't no cheap '32's.

20. redo32

redo32

Hey Titus, I hate to ask, but everybody always wants to know what 32 parts are worth. You can PM me or mention what the upside body went for. I have a ruff tudor that is missing a section of subrail and has lots of dents that I am going to find a new home for. A neat kid showed some interest & I would like to give him a good deal if he is up to the work. thanks Red

21. titus

titus

Cool, your not butchering it, your just making it your own! i can understand the fixing of the front end, but id still leave it channeled:),

22. titus

titus

Im not shy or secretive about prices so......

The chopped car my buddy bought went for $3250, it had a over all decent body but needed some work on the chop and the wheel wells were cut out, the frame was an original that had been boxed and some mods, fixable usable, also came with a cool 32 heavy dago axle. (no mouldings firewall etc etc)

the black body i got me and my buddy bought together for $5200 i think, but divided it up $3000 for the body and doors for me and $2250 for all the rest of the stuff for him wich included: ok firewall, nice hood, beautiful set of garnish mouldings, set of nice running boards, original frame boxed with posies rear parellel leaf spring kit with an 8" ford rear end, a v6 (junk) and a super bell dropped axle with spindles, and a gas tank, so it was good for him and i as he has another tudor that he wanted garnish mouldings for so it all worked out, of course i would have liked the mouldings but then i couldnt have afforded it.

the third body that was upside down :confused: was actually not a bad body either, it was missing the drivers door, the bottom was super solid, the top was flatened out a bid but nothing that would be to bad to straitened out, and the roof wasnt really rusty so dunno why it was on its rood, that car had all the mouldings in it (cept the drive door one of course) and a nice firewall, dashboard too. that car went for $2700.

JEFF

23. titus

titus

heres a few more pics of the good and the bad! but thankfully more good!

Attached Files:

24. titus

titus

My buddy came and picked up his frame the other day so i bolted on some parts to a frame i had to get it rolling, who knows if any of the parts i put on will stay on or if this body will even stay on this frame, still not sure for a plan on this car.

JEFF

Attached Files:

25. AHotRod

AHotRod

What are your plans for your car?
    Glenn

26. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Those are some nice bodies to work with, great score!

27. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

thats a great score! good luck!