Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about slanting the 'B" collumns on a chop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Skeetum, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Skeetum

Skeetum

I am getting ready to chop my 54 Ford. I know I have the option of slanting the 'B' collumns/pillars or keeping them straight. My question is, how does slanting them forward affect the rear side windows? Would they have to be stationary since the area of the glass would be larger at the top, or can still roll up and down with slanted collumns/pillars? Thanks for the input.

2. They will need to go up & forward and down & back with the angle of the b pillar.
    Not an easy task which is why most are stationary because that's easy.

3. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

It could be done to make them roll down but would require a lot of work. They best option in my opinion is to slant them and make a pattern of the new window opening and make them stationary ...John

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Like both guys said it can be done. Sometimes things can interfere when they roll down at an angle so you might want to make a quick pattern of the window when your to that stage and see what will cause issues if any. Sometimes you can use the stock regulator or maybe another years regulator. If space gets really tight sometimes a power unit is the only thing that will fit in there.

5. Dumb question. Instead of trying to roll the window down, why try just to slide it backward an 1" or 2" or ?

6. In order To go back it will need to go down too . It will want to go into the c pillar

7. Skeetum

Skeetum

Thanks guys, for all the answers and input.

8. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

2 door hardtops had windows that go back and down. If you look inside the body you see they have a curved track and rollers that follow it.

If you are in an old junk yard and can get a look inside a 2 door hardtop you will see what I mean. Maybe you could use the mechanism out of one.