Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine disguise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by judgekiller, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Now THAT'S a tech thread I would vote for!

By the way, hi. My name is Mac. Nice to meet everyone.

2. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Probably won't happen to an alliance member.

3. [​IMG]

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Uh, that doesnt look ANYTHING like a 327...

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Oh my my. Just proves than not everyone reads things thru. :rolleyes:;):p:D

6. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I think the OP was a very good question. I'd like to see more people taking care to make their engines look cool (read old).

7. disguised 5.3.............close enough to 327 cubic inches. any way it looks better than this guys attemp[​IMG]t to disguise one

8. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Chill out holmes.

9. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

10. kracker36

kracker36

I have a set of Boss 302 Ford heads. If I glue some camel humps on the front, then will it make 350 horsepower?

11. Only if it was once a Corvette motor! ;-)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Gman0046

Gman0046

I'll never get over all the Bull Shit of trying to make something look like something it isn't. It will be a cold day in Hell when I spend my hard earned money trying to impress some Cheese Dick about what's under my hoods. You people need to get a life.

Attached Files:

13. kracker36

kracker36

Buscuit, I may carve some camel humps in them. That would be a lot cheaper than taking them to a machine shop to rework them. Would 400 HP be possible if I add a giant red HEI distributor?

14. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

found it when I got home from work, issue you want is april 2011.

[​IMG]

15. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

A good start, but I'd have to do something else on the valve covers (the coil pack relocation trick and something smaller). Gary

16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Who named them camel humps anyway, that's not American. They should be big tit heads.

17. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

It goes back to the days when Americans actually dressed up like Arabs :D

check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlr8Krdpvuc

18. 46stude

46stude

HOLEE SHIT!!
    Somebody actually answered the frakking question instead of posting bullshit. Good job, man.

19. 46stude,ditto and well put. JW

20. didn't post it cause I liked it, just thought it was funny somebody disguised a 5.3/5.7 to look like a 327/350 which is also 5.3/5.7. And to stir the pot. why would you like to disguise that motor to resemble a far more inferior design anyway.

21. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I had a 63 327 that I made the bottom end look like a test site for a grenade!!

22. kracker36

kracker36

Im thinking about building a 32 Ford Roadster. Put a bowtie in the grill, cardboard filled aluminum driveshaft from a Silverado, 350 horse 350 with a 350 trans and 350 gears. "LIKE A ROCK" chrome emblem on the deck lid, S10 frame, and a piss on Ford decal in the back glass. Surely no one will know that its a Ford then.

23. txcr13

txcr13

The only thing I saw "exceptionally poor" was the response to a poster simply looking for some help. Even if some "rules" were broken in the post, why offend people like that? Not a very smart way to encourage participation on the HAMB. His post did not seem poorly composed to me, and as subsequent posters did respond with helpful information, they appeared to understand it as well. BOOM!!

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I've done that same conversion on a 351W.

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Geez, I thought he'd done a pretty good job making that red-ram look like a gen III, but he should finish the job and change the valve covers...:D

You mean like fake flathead valve covers on a SBC??:D

26. Anyway, the first things I see on a SBC is manifold/carb set-up and heads. Generally the heads are the giveaway. Late 350 heads and 265/283/327 heads are way different. Find a way to put those double humps on those late heads and you've gone a long way to disguise a late SBC.

27. [​IMG]exactly!

28. indyjps

indyjps

To the OP's question disregarding all the commentary, early sbc's have the oil fill in the intake and a road draft tube, so figure out your PCV system, thers multiple threads here on PCV, get a points distributor and install a pertronics or similar kit, or use a modern small body distrib and make it look like an original points, use stamped steel or corvette finned valve covers, they make adapters to run them on vortec heads. It won't pass the test of the true period correct guys, but the general car population will see an early small block

29. obviously,you have never heard KENDEUCE'S bad to the bone 283,,it makes my 327 sound like a popcorn fart!

Best sounding 283 I ever heard! HRP

30. Really...
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.