Register now to get rid of these ads!

64 fairlane 500 air ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Redheadedlefty13, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

Yeah, me as well! I am also following a similar build thread here in Australia, the guy has the exact same type of fairlane as yours and is fitting a Nissan V8 quad cam engine & auto, along with a mustang 2 type front end. Should be sweet when its up and running :)

2. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

sorry guys..been doing little things to it, but nothing major...its now getting backhalfed and thinking about running new rails up front as well..progress soon i promise

3. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

4. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

i did pick up a motor and trans for it...5.0 with aod out of a 90 mustang, buddy is going to rebuilt it for me...going to be efi, has a decent cam..but going to be pretty much stock as this is pretty much just going to be a turn key cruiser

5. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

also since the driveline will be updated, think i am going to go with an 8.8 explorer ls diff, thinking 4.10 gears. if you shorten them with two short side axles they are the same width as the 8" thats under the car

6. Liam-B

Liam-B
    from Melbourne

5.0L motor and AOD will suit this car just fine, I like that your keeping it a V8. Nice and simple, plus so easy to get parts for!

Explorer diff conversions seem popular over there, might have to keep that in mind for a future project. They sold Explorers here but not very common, so I might keep an eye out at the local pick a part wreckers around here if one turns up.

Looking forward to the next update!

7. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

The 5.0 and AOD. Your gonna have to raise the motor mounts, to achieve your height. Mine sits 2 inches off the ground from pinch rails. My 5.0 oil pan is about 1/2 " off the ground.The problem with that is you will have to do the trans tunnel as well to get the AOD in there...Its tight as it is. I had the AOD, but ended up with a t-5. Its gonna take some work but it can be done. Keep the stock headers, pretty much that's about all that's gonna fit unless you want to get into another major project....Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.