Register now to get rid of these ads!

FlatCad Racing's Quest for 200 MPH-a Cadillac Flathead Story!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Aug 22, 2012.

1. keeper

keeper
    from So Cal

What an awesome story! Congratulations Buddy and to everyone on the team. Let me know if I can help moving forward. I love that you are already getting moving for next year!

2. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Perhaps its time to think about thermal coatings in the exhaust ports.

3. Sixness

Sixness
    from Cen Tex

Lookie there..!! now that you think about it, we have been to the moon and back in the last 50 years. Why didn't I think about that. Got to be some coating that will take care of that problem. :D

4. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Thanks everyone!

We'll get the block fixed, and hopefully be on the dyno by the first of the year. The engine makes a ton of HP, so we'll continue to work on aero. I think if we can round enough edges off of this brick, we'll hit our goals.

Oh, and our goal next year is 211 mph! More on that later.........

5. FencePost

FencePost

I was over at Makuch Racing last night watching videos and there is a video with you in it and I 'think' they even announce you over the speaker. When I get my copy I'll forward it on to you. I also think you are in one of his 'go pro' vids.

6. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

That would be very cool, and very much appeciated! Thank you!

Don will be posting some of our Go Pro vids, when he has the chance. Don? DON?:D

7. 2nd that:::: Don? DON?:D

8. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Well, I've decided that the open trailer, and whole 'Beverly Hilltbilly" look has to go!

We seem to acquire more stuff for the car all the time, and now that we have 2 front ends, extra sheet metal, etc. I've decided an enclosed trailer would be nice. The wife agrees, as it would allow me to collect some of the parts that are now in Ohio and MO.

So, that's the quest I'm on now!

9. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

how long of a trailer are you looking for buddy im in co to and run across stuff all the time

10. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek: To The Flat Cad team.OUTSTANDING.Got to watch out for the idiot drivers out there.Them four wheel types seem to have a major W.G.A.S. attitude for anything that has less than 4 wheels.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

11. Well, I've decided that the open trailer, and whole 'Beverly Hilltbilly" look has to go!

Well I guess next year its a semi and 40' er eh??? maybe 3 semi's and 40'ers...........

then its a full overhang with two or three swamp coolers and a 15KV gen to power it all..............

lets see plus a kitchen staff ect. ect. ect................

12. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

U
    Excatly what I found out too:) So i spent the last week painting the trailer, pluss mounting a fosset;) next up is heat, multimedia........;)

K

13. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I'm looking for at least a 24', but would prefer a 28' with cabinets.

Thanks Leo! You're right-there are some real idiots out there, that sinply fail to watch where they are going. This gent cut across from Lands End, and angled through the cones into us.

Haha! Mock if you must, but if you've ever seen my pickup and trailer loaded up, you'd understand.

....and the used trailer I'm looking at DOES have 2 AC units, generator,awning, etc.!:D

Carl, wanna volunteer for a kitchen staff position?;):D:D

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Racing out of a semi was REALLY nice:D,, but that would eat into the research and development Funds for the Flatcad:mad:, So you better stick with a long gooseneck Trailer:),,,, Carl is a good cook TOO??,, man that guy can do it all!!!!!!!!!,,, Tim Jones

15. Well not all but just about anything...... Steak and sautead mushrooms w/ prawns in the high sierra, after a really good marggureta........ however I can't spell worth a shit
    [​IMG]

16. Jiminy

Jiminy

I can't speell worth a shit after a coupla margaritas either

17. He may not but I can be your chef! Since you travel so much Buddy you may want to look at picking it up back in the Indiana area where most of them are made. Had a retired pal that did that a couple times and saved a ton of money.

18. Enclosed trailer would be nice, but I'll have to stick with the whole "Hillbilly" look. Gotta pay for engine parts. :p

[​IMG]

Good luck to you on your quest!

19. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Trent, the first pic is for you! My cutoff shirts have become somewhat infamous, with both you and my team mates commenting on them.

Also, if you remember, last year my rig crews all sported mohawks, and gave me one.

Danny and I had run to town to get parts, and this is what we returned too!

Tim, I have car parts scatterd in several states-CO, KS, MO, OH, and CA. This will allow me to get everything gathered up, and back home. Also, I'm out of garage room, so I really need a place to store the car, so the trailer is a win/win for me!

Attached Files:

20. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

ok I think This will work,,, These 2 videos is of Dale from inside the car and one from Randy on the outside on his record run Dale was the first one to run on track 3 for speedweek 2013 and his speed was 167.5

http://youtu.be/FrNT56O8mdQ

http://youtu.be/MQDu7FKpSAg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  21. Maybe this will help.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FrNT56O8mdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MQDu7FKpSAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

22. The footage is MUCH improved!
    Thanks guys.

23. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Thanks Tim You need to tell me how to do that !!

24. Buddy, we were laughing our asses off as the crew was getting "dressed"!

25. Yeah, gotta add the "man boobs" shot. :D

[​IMG]

26. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Very cool video's:) Thanks for shearing:)

K

Taildragger&fenderless

27. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

28. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Et Tu, Don? Betrayed! Betrayed by the unearthing of the lost tape! LOL!

29. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Looks like it took minimal steering to keep the car going straight. I like that.

John

30. Just think of how fast Buddy could have gone if he knew how to shift!!!!!
    Gotta get him a C4 for christmas..............
    Humm Don maybe his run was after coffee break and he forgot how.................

oh thas cold..........