Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 52-56 F100s lets see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by solos10, Aug 20, 2013.

1. solos10

solos10
    from so.cal

I'm looking for a f100 and need some ideas. Let's see the 52-56 f100 kustoms to plain Jane in the weeds.

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Forget the '52, it was an F-1.

Wish I could post my '55...Brand new attitude! (altitude?) My wife and I replaced the broken Monoleaf (right side) and its twin with a new pair of leaves we put together, she flattened the leaves on our press, and set a NOS '57 F100 axle underneath.
    Had to mill the spring flange U-Bolt holes 1/8" to the insides...'53-'56 have 1-3/4" wide springs, '57s have 2" wide.
    New flattened, reversed eye spring packs (8 leaves each) centerbolt holes were drilled 1-1/4" forward of their original position, centering the wheel in the fenderwell.
    Ford engineers pushed the axle back for a shorter turning radius. Look at one from side view...

My machinist friend made me a longer drag link from some heavy D.O.M. tubing, finely threaded for correct adjustment.

Front end is now lower than a punk's pants, and doesn't 'bottom out'.
    Have to come in the driveway diagonally, to avoid scraping the chrome front bumper!
    But we learned about that years ago...
    I'll try and post a couple of pics.

Nice Vicky, BTW... I have a '54 Coupe. (to go with my F100)

3. My '56 next to to a '53 or '54

Attached Files: