Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shipping Parts Out Of Country

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1934calkid, Aug 18, 2013.

?
  1. yes

34 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. no

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. dont like to see it happen

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. dont care

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. How Do You Guys Feel About Shipping US Parts Out of The Country ?

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Golden Rule applies here. He who has the gold, makes the rules.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

I feel real good about selling parts to car guys in other countries, they respect our automotive history and want part of it. Bob

4. lincolnlog

lincolnlog
    from Arizona

You're helping someone who has, at likely great expense, bought an american car overseas. Thus, youre helping to spread the word overseas, I don't see an issue.

It's going to keep a car on the road

5. I have shipped lots of parts to the US from Canada and see no reason not to.
    If a person needs it, and you can help, why not? :confused:

6. 2racer

2racer

it helps keep the us from sinking under the weight of all the shit coming in from china

7. speaks

speaks
    1. 4 door kustoms

In Australia the only way we can get some cool parts is to buy the second hand off places like this forum. I really appreciate it when people are happy to ship parts outside of the us. Its not unusual for shipping to cost more than the part itself, but I'm more than happy to pay the extra to get something I wouldn't be able to find locally. I'm sure people from other countries feel the same.

8. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

I see it as a good thing.:)

But then Im from out of the country & Im advertising for a SBC blower manifold, so really I can come to no other answer can I?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  9. I love it because it means more cool parts for me. And as above, the shipping is usually more than the part but i don't really care because at the end of the day you can't get it here.

10. Look at it this way, those parts will be treated with awe and respect.

11. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I need them so no better place to source them. Lots of enthuiasts world wide these days. The world is a lot smaller than it used to be. I wouldn't be able to source anything without the WWW. If you live in North America you don't realise who good you have it. Try living overseas and see just how expensive it is when you want something then you'll realise how committed we are.:D

12. I agree with mgtstumpy, you americans definitely take your huge amount of parts / cars for granted.

I see some of you finding it hard to find parts over there, come on? Go on ebay and theres plenty of everything.

Come here and see how tough we have it!

13. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

There are so many HAMB members around the world that it shocks me to see the lobsided numbers on the poll,those folks are spreading the "gospel of the H.A.M.B." too,so what is the beef with that? I feel bad for the fact shipping costs are as expensive as they are,I shipped a Chilton Manual to Australia recently and it was $49.95 via USPS :eek:

14. If nobody here's willing to pay for it, better it go out of the country than in the scrap bin. I have piles of stuff that should have sold about 18 times already sitting here.

15. I'm a kiwi so the way I view it may well be "upside down" seeing as that's where I live . :p

But my thoughts are this , If it's advertised for sale ( be it a car or parts ) then the seller either has no use for it , or needs the money .... When we ( the upside down buyers ) want it , we obviously have a use for it and we pay for it with USD . I can't see how a seller could have a problem with that??

16. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes as 4T6ford says its may seem as history leaving your care somewhat . But parts from down under are know to return to the US also due to the strength of your $.
    Early parts are a little rarer here so we are saving history world wide, hence the worldwide HAMB.
    Parts or vehicles that may leave the USA will have been up for sale and its up to those who are prepared to pay get the goods. Heck for us down under to purchase a car can cost an extra 4 to 5000 as a minimum freight then when get to enjoy Govt. tax on top of all costs . Yup it hurts to own a classic .

17. Well, how do you feel about it?

18. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

My thoughts are Hot Rodding is World wide
    so parts flow world wide
    and I like it that way
    Colin

19. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

How do you Americans feel about "aliens" joining the HAMB?

20. Lets say by us car guys overseas buying up all your new and used parts, we are helping your economy and putting some pretty cool U.S tin on foreign roads. A win win in my book..

21. 2racer

2racer

et.jpg
    Aliens make me feel good!

22. hammered30

hammered30
    from west aus

If i had anything for sale and someone over seas wanted it i would sell it to them. like i tell all my friends that are not hotrodders i will never be happy until EVERY house has a hotrod parked parked in there driveway. They ask why and i tell them every hotrodder i know it a top person

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

Here is a bit of info that may be of help, due to the shipping rates figured by "That Auction Site" that ARE NEVER CORRECT, I list things for sale in the USA, but I'm more that happy to sell and ship overseas, and state that in the discription, not the shipping rate section. If you see something listed, ask if the seller will ship overseas before bidding,chances are he'll be happy to. Bob

24. Do it all the time..

Hate shipping to Canada. The forms and paper work suck ass!

Found shipping to New Zealand and Australia very easy.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  25. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I forgot to mention that I use a shipper (Shipito) in CA and have individual purchases sent there. I then consolidate multiple single items into a single box before sending here. A lot cheaper and quicker! Also I use this address when shipper won't ship ex-USA. I've been doing it for years, collecting parts that is, without issue. Quite a few other similar businesses that assist us individuals ex-USA.

26. clem

clem

My cars were "shipped" here some 80 years ago, - from over your way, - so sometimes we may need parts from over there to keep them on the road over here. Thanks for making them available. We appreciate it.

27. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

I just spent a month looking for part for a friend in England, When I found the parts here (U.S) I thought the prices were way high- but he didn't bat an eye! he does this for the love of his vehicle! or maybe I'm just a cheap bastard?
    I work close to a salvage yard & watch day after day old iron goes that way,stuff 'we' wouldn't care about-but some countries would cry for.

28. I get parts shipped to Montana and then go down and pick them up . Easier for the shipper and cheaper for me .

29. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I've shipped parts all over the world. It's cool to connect with like-minded enthusiasts, especially when they email photos of their rides to show me what the parts are going on. Anyone anywhere who is interested in traditional hot rods and customs is ok by me!