Register now to get rid of these ads!

EFI on a Poly 318

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Arnie Ludwig, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Hey has anyone out there tried EFI on a basically stock Poly 318? I've got a rebuilt motor and am looking to improve its power and performance. I'm not looking to race it, instead I want driveability and gas mileage. It seems that any of the units I have read about require a 4 barrel intake. Anybody out there have one for sale?

2. SMOG_GUY

SMOG_GUY
    from Dinuba

Are you trying to put TBI on it or a multi-point injection system?
    I don't think the TBI install from 4.3, 5.0, 5.7 Chev late 80s or early 90s would be too hard.
    The TBIs are two barrels...

3. Gullwing

Gullwing

I am building a 345 Desoto hemi with electronic fuel injection. Does that count? I am casting 4 separate intake manifolds each will have a 2 barell
    Weber and will be machined for 2 injectors. I will be using a Megasquirt controller as it is easy to adapt.

4. EARLYHEMIBILL

EARLYHEMIBILL
    from ?

Please post some photos of those castings. Bill

5. Hey Guys,,Dont you READ the title of this forum page???Its for Introductions not general discussions,,That what the main board is for

6. welcome to the forum ....

After the intro has been made .... questions can be posted on the main section ..

once again welcome ...

7. 66coronet500

66coronet500

8. SMOG_GUY

SMOG_GUY
    from Dinuba

Arnie Ludwig's first experience here was one he'll never forget.

9. Sorry I broke the protocol. I'm just a newbie in a lot of different ways. I'm a farmer who has changed carreers and now working as a mechanic. I still have some of my machines that are dear from my farming days; a 48 Fargo 2 ton, a John Deere 820, and a John Deere D. The Fargo would count as a hot Rod because it is sitting on a 61 Dodge 2 ton chassis which means I now have a Poly 318 and a 2 speed axle instead of the old Flat Head 6. I made the whole front clip hinge at the bumper and maintained the original appearance. It is a real treat to work on.