Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fredricksburg&Giddings swap&show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Texas Webb, Jul 14, 2013.

1. I've never been to either one but I'm gonna try for both.
    Fred is July26-28.Giddings I think Aug 26-28.
    I've heard they are good shows.What say ya'll?

2. aaggie

aaggie

Don't know about Fredricksburg but the Giddings event is hot. Temp was way over 100# and year before last the turnout was so low they quit selling tickets. I complained and the person running the event told me he would send me a t-shirt and a ticket for the next event. I'm still waiting.

3. seatex

seatex

Fredericksburg is always hot, but this is Texas in July. Lotsa shade at Lady Bird Park, and usually a good turn out of vendors and good selection of stuff for sale.
    Don't know anything about Giddings, though.

4. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Fredericksburg is also very hot. The best thing to do is to be there super super early Friday morning and move fast through the grounds. By Saturday mid morning, the vendors have bought much of the merchandise from each other and have them re-priced at their own spots.

5. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Haven't been to F-burg Swap Meet in about 7 years, but it was always a good one. My whole family would come up from Corpus Christi and my Uncle would bring his stuff over from Houston to vend there. I bought a lot and sold a lot there.

Giddings never was big, I quit going after the first two because it wasn't worth the cost of fuel for buying or selling.

We're still on the fence about starting the Austin Swap Meet back up. Not sure if it's worth the effort.

6. Andy

Andy

I really liked your swap meet. I bought good stuff and sold a lot of my stuff. Bring it back!!

F'burg is a good swap. I go every year. It is hotter than hell but I put up a tent and have drinks. I am bringing some good stuff this year. I am on the grass way in the back toward the runway. Stop by.

7. Sounds like Fredricksburg it is.I'll look for the tent.

8. Giddings was a disappointment...more like a flea market that a swap meet. Much better stuff at the Conroe swap meets (and a shorter drive). I'm going to give Gidings one more try this year, hope it's better.

9. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Thanks Andy, it was a good little swap meet. We're talking about bringing it back maybe in August, but we'll see. I'm not building anything right now and need to sell more than I need to buy, but I think a trip to Fredricksburg Swap Meet is long over due, who knows I might get the itch to build something again. Save a seat for me, I just might perch up in your shade for a while!

10. peddlr

peddlr

I believe the event you are thinking of was Billetproof. That is in no way connected to the Giddings Swap Meet. There is, nor ever was a charge for admission at the Giddings swap meet. I have been there every year and done well. I know it is hot, But it was the only dates they could get. Hopefully you will come out and check it out. They are trying to put on a decent meet. If you make it out look me up. I am the guy with the little scamp in my spot on the east end of the grounds. If nothing else I will offer you something cold to drink and a place to rest for a couple of minutes. Ron

11. txturbo

txturbo

I finally got a chance to get back to the Fredericksburg swap meet this year and it was pretty good. Lots of Model A stuff. Saw a bunch of stuff I would have liked to buy but it was too much money or too big to haul home. I went to the Giddings swap meet last year and it wasn't bad. The place was still filling up when I left at about 10am. Going back this year.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013