Register now to get rid of these ads!

When to pull the plug?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan's52, Aug 12, 2013.

1. stan's52

stan's52

I have a 50 shoebox, Seams like everything I look at is screwed up. Needs doors, hood left and right front fenders, rockers rotted, floor pan has holes. Finally got the hood open, and the now motor is froze. To top it all off it's a four door. The only thing it has going for it, it was a San Diego police car. Which isn't much. I should just cover it back up, and let my daughters deal with it. Stan

2. eicke

eicke

I sometimes feel the same way on my AV8 build, but I ask myself, "How many did I see on the road today?"......... it gives me inspiration to do something no matter how trivial every day. Eventually it'll start looking like some progress.

Good luck on your build,
    Ron

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

There probably is some good news in there some where, but sometimes it's just better to move on and not waste your money. 4 door shoeboxes arn't that expensive.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Never build what you didn't really want. Those cars rarely get done. Do more research before starting the next one.

Also, ask yourself why you're doing it.

5. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hey hey , when you have little ones better to get a cheap driver so everyone can enjoy the hobby....just my 2 cents...

6. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

when you get it all fixed it will be a new car. and you know how well its built. that's what i told myself a couple of times then reality hit and sold them for a better project.

7. 2racer

2racer

The truck in my avatar is a prime example of "you are better of starting with a better car unless you dont mind it taking forever"

8. SMOG_GUY

SMOG_GUY
    from Dinuba

There ARE police buffs. I have a 1953 Ford in about the same condition as yours that was also a police car.
    I googled and found a site--forget what it is. Maybe these folks would appreciate our rough
    4 door cars?

9. Sounds like you have lost interest,,pull the plug and but something running. HRP

10. my thoughts are on my old 56 Plymouth post with the little Dodge Red Ram in it - one reason I bought it....not a bad body but the rockers and inside are shot....moved it this weekend up a hill a little bit - the little Red Ram ran pretty good I must say ....maybe time to part it out and get the Fury on the road....

5 15 10 003.jpg

11. You make is sound like its not worth building. I agree with Tfeverfred, don't spend time and money on something you don't want to work on and probably never finish.

12. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Doesn't sound like it's worth the effort required. Build something you want and will be happy with.

13. ~Diablo~

~Diablo~

Once u lose interest thats it it time to pull the plug and build something else . Same thing happent to me with one of my old proyects it was like opening a can of worms

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. Jen......

Jen......

have a few i want to pull the plug on but nobody else is interested in them so its either scrap them or leave them sitting in the yard

Jen