Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ralph Schindel Passed Away Today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HatGuy, Aug 2, 2013.

1. sololobo

sololobo

I only knew his causually from night prowlers but was always so impressed with his knowledge. He was iconic in his approach of the custom world and I admired his style. A huge whole in my soul . R.I.P. brother, and strength to his family and friends to carry on his giant legacy. ~sololobo~

2. teddyp

teddyp

met RALPH at Lead east many years ago he and nancy are great people he was one of the kustoms home hero,s RIP RALPH you will be miss

3. runner 26.2

runner 26.2

Hey Denise,

I think of you often, how are you?

I guess I should clarify, my parents didn't divorce. "his wife" I'm referring to is Nancy (my mother). She forbid me from seeing my dad in the final months of his life. I wasn't even allowed to visit or talk to her or him. All correspondence was going through my hubby, Dan. Until recently, then she wouldn't talk to him either.

I'm sorry for the confusion. Still trying to wrap my head around everything that happened.

You still have the sweater? That's awesome, I have great memories of when you were here. I'm glad I made it bearable for you!

Take care old pal! Wanda

PS...find me on FB, I'd love to catch up! https://www.facebook.com/wanda.wanie

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  4. wild_eye

wild_eye
    from Seneca, MO

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Holy Fright" I heard that every time when I was at Ralph's.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. fat141

fat141

Always took care of me from Night Prowlers, when Gary Glascow was owner. He shared rooms with a good mate of mine in Green Bay Wi
    Rod

7. runner 26.2

runner 26.2

Thank you so much. It's so comforting to read all the great things about my dad. He will be missed by so many people.

8. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Ralph was always a friend of ours during the old Spud City days. Always one of the first to register. The whole Spud City gang will certainly be missing him. And in case you never thought that you could get '56 Packard taillights to fit in the rear quarters of a '64 Chev. guess again.

9. 46chevy

46chevy
    from reeds,mo

Ralph may be gone but never forgotten. RIP MY FRIEND

10. mongo51

mongo51

Ralph was one of the koolest. Prayers to the whole family. Ill miss hearing him tap around the shows.

11. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

R.i.p......

12. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Here is another car Ralph worked on with Jerry Thirion in 2003 in Green Bay Wisconsin.

Attached Files:

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Very sorry to hear this...just returned home last nite after a two week trip to the Northwest...Ralph was a great friend...one of the first guys I met when I returned to the KKOA events...

RIP my friend...

R-

14. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

It's really strange...we have lost family members over the years, Grandparents, Parents and so on...but loosing Ralph is tough...We feel like we should just be able to pick up the phone and have them down...We are really going to miss our visits and lunches at the diner...Today, I was actually going over my to-do list and found myself thinking that I needed to talk to him about helping me with the Ford...

15. runner 26.2

runner 26.2

Because Nancy wouldn't allow an Obituary of Ralph in the paper, I did a Memoriam in our local paper. Attached is a copy of that memoriam to my Dad.

His legacy should be passed to everyone he knew, please keep talking about him and sharing all the great things he was to you. Please don't let him be wiped off the face of the earth like he never existed!
    Wanda

Attached Files:

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ralph and I went to the "Blast from the Past" show in Denison. It was a dream cruise
    running with another chopped Merc down the highway. We had a blast!!

[​IMG]

One of the kool things that happened was at the hotel parking lot. One of the guys had a
    fuel pump issue and all of the auto parts stores were closed. Ralph walked over to see if
    he could help and told the guy he had one in his trunk that he could use. The guy was very
    great full. The next night, another guy's alternator went out. Parts store were closed
    and Ralph told the guy he had one that he could use. Just mail it back to me when you
    get home. Very Kool!! Ralph could almost re-build any car with the parts that he had in
    his trunk. LOL!

From that day on, If a guy had car trouble it was our joke that whatever the guy needed to
    fix his car Ralph had it in his trunk. Ralph would just laugh with us and say you guys are
    probably right. He was always prepared to help anyone......

[​IMG]

17. Deana Baker

Deana Baker

you are right about the rolling parts store . if he did not have it in stock he could fix it to get you home.

18. runner 26.2

runner 26.2

19. gonmad

gonmad

Ralph was a good dude. I'll miss seeing him and Nancy and his dog at the shows.

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some photoshop'n that I did years ago. Check out the bottom picture. The Merc was
    in a scrap pile, Kool that he saved it from the crusher. Ralph had a lot of talent.

[​IMG]

21. runner 26.2

runner 26.2

I would like to wish my Dad in Heaven a happy (what would have been his) 75th Birthday. You missed it by a month and 2 days Dad! A month ago Monday he went to be with Jesus, and today would have been his 75th birthday. I miss you and love you so much it still hurts. I hope Jesus and you are celebrating big time!

If you all have time, could you please head over to the tributes.com website and leave a memorial for my Dad? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Wanda

http://www.tributes.com/commerce/purchase_gift/96279217

22. gonmad

gonmad

Thinking of y'all today.
    J

23. Bumping up this old thread. Thinking about Ralph today. Hard to believe it was 5 years ago today that he left us for a better place. Where does the time go? I miss seeing him and his wild customs at car shows. The shows just aren't the same without him. He is missed..........E