Register now to get rid of these ads!

car cruise rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrchevrolet2, Jul 30, 2013.

1. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Weirdest 4 door Falcon I've ever seen!

Attached Files:

2. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Wasnt referring to you dennis... Im talking about the people you described. It was spot on

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

***just posting this usually helps cut down on saving spots. but, whoever puts event on must enforce it. those that want to park together need to pull in together. here on the West Coast "power parkers" is a big club that hangs around with another big club "the trophy whores".

5. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

What is the problem, 3000 lb car vs. lawn chair, I think I win. When I used to go to the street rod nats all that crap was comin in. I and the guys I was with always move that crap and parked where the hell we wanted. If you are not there in the spot with a car, you are not there. Shred the damn chair or cone. its all bs.

6. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

What he said!

7. choppachris

choppachris

We have a small gathering at Chick-Fil-A in Harlingen, TX. every Saturday night. Only 10-15 cars though, plenty of parking. Always a good time catching up with freinds, cars start showing up around 6pm, thins out after a couple hours.

8. I only see that at one place. It is small so the same people must get there first they are always right in front. God knows what time they arrive.:eek:
    As long as I can walk to the food I'm OK:rolleyes: If not I just keep on driving:cool:

9. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

Tell me again why you are upset?

It sounds like a bunch of old retired guys realized they would be hungry by 5 and ready for bed by 8, so they decided to start having fun early.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

10. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Yeah, Fuck those Dudes. Fucken Lops

11. some of them should be called a chair and crime tape cruise in. they will start parking as early as 10:00 am in my town this sat. for our monthly eve. cruise and concert. it is always the same hoggers. I like to come in late and then park in the wrong place and block some of there view.

12. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here on the "Rock", @ some of the shows the Brand New Clubs (2K Camaros, GTOs, Challengers, Corvettes, Mustangs) show up in schools and grab the best stalls. "so they can show off their new stickers & cold air intakes".

.......Juz' sayin

13. I love all the rude comments about old men. That's why I have little interest in selling my stuff young guys.

14. fsae0607

fsae0607

Screw that stuff I'd rather be in my garage turning wrenches and driving my truck around.

I saw that lawn chair/yellow tape crap at Bob's Big Boy in Northridge, CA... Funny how they were all gone at sundown! All the jalopys and guys that actually want to talk about your ride show up then!

15. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Maybe they are competing for the Best Chair Trophy!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

I don't mind, people holding spaces, helps me find the brains I need to pick. This is how it worked before the HAMB!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. 54Buick48D

54Buick48D
    from Maryland

[​IMG]

:D

18. pitman

pitman

^maybe add some 'lakes' to deflect the gases?
    And a fan.

19. Bluedot

Bluedot

A couple of comments on this thread amounted to enjoy the drive there, park anywhere, quick walk around to look at the cars and chat with any friends you run into, and leave, enjoy the drive home. To me that is spot on. It's the drives to and from that are all the fun. The show/cruise-in/whatever is just an excuse to have somewhere to go in the hotrod, and if ya happen to see a couple of friends in the process, that's just a bonus. I'll leave all the stress to the power parkers.

I can sit on a lawn chair at home.

BTW, not too many of those orange cones in spaces here in Oklahoma. They're all in the gajillion construction zones on our streets and hiways. We have detours to our detours!

20. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

We have a local "Cruise Weekend" here. Everyone ends up at the local Big Boy, some guys put their cars in the Big Boy parking lot before they go to work. A friend I used to work with said cars were there when we would come to work when start time was 5 a.m. One guy would pull an enclosed trailer up there early in the morning and leave it and the truck pulling it along one side of the parking lot right where you cam in. I don't understand how the Big Boy could tolerate having so much of their parking lot taken up by people who weren't around all day. My friend and I would go in the organized cruise the head up to the Big Boy area and park in a back row across the street. The guys that mattered to me were already parked there.

21. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

I know of a few cars that show up early for the local cruise-in. But most get there around 5:30 or 6:00. Nobody really saves spots but then again it's only 50 or 60 cars that shows up.

22. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

I just double park where I want, when I want. But I drive cool cars & cools cars can get away with it.

23. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

entering a 5th page. Very impressive for a BS thread.

24. chopped

chopped

If you hate it so much why do you go? Or do you just love to bitch? One near my house sucks, so I skip it, it's that simple.

25. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Many times the folks who don't want to talk about their cars , CAN,T , cause they don't know anything about them [other than gas &polish] !
    dave

26. RGG

RGG

What show are you referring to? The ones that I know about around Atlanta are on Saturday nights and they are 99% street rod or muscle car. My last time attending one was earlier this month when I finally got my traditional 30 Model A coupe running and attended my local show and the guys in charge made me park in three different spots to make room for the cars that had just attended the power tour. Well, my old coupe is running the original banger motor until I finish my AV8 chassis and tends to run hot so being shoved around and having to get the old girl cranked in the Atlanta summer heat back to back was a real pain. Needless to say, I will not go back. I wish we had a traditional scene here where we could meet and talk about building our cars instead of how much money we paid someone else to ruin an old car and transform it into a modern luxury car...

RGG

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

OOO! I love to Bull Shit.

28. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I have to admit, I don't save spots but my father has been known to. He won't keep a spot if the place is getting full and it is the only spots left but if there is a lot of parking he might save a spot on each side of his car. He is retired and can make the cruise before my brother and I can. The cruises are a family affair for us and he enjoys parking with his kids and grandchildren. If we are running too late or the spots are getting filled up, we lose out and have to fend for ourselves but it is nice for the whole family to be able to hang out at a local cruise-in once a week!

29. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

i read all this and everybody is right............................

30. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

This one may be traditional enough..

Attached Files: