Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Verno's Frame. 27 on 32 rails

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by homemadehotrod, Apr 20, 2013.

1. 19-c

19-c

any updates? what happened to homemadehotrod??

2. pitman

pitman

3. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think he's gone.

4. 19-c

19-c

So where's the frame Verno?

5. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No dice on the frame. I have yet to hear from him since I last called 6 weeks or so ago. Very intersting :confused::confused::confused:

6. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Oh man, that sucks.

7. 19-c

19-c

Yeah I loaned him my 32 rails to copy and was promised a frame also. Did I get it? Nope. I talked to him also about 6 weeks ago and he said it would be ready at the end of June. HE won't return my pm's now?? All I wanted was some communication and if there is a reason why he can't deliver on the promise. It's not cool to just drop off the face of the earth especially when you can see he has been logging in but won't respond. Its too bad. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but unfortunately things like this do happen.

8. 19-c

19-c

Well Homemadehotrod contacted me today and it looks as if he had a string of bad luck with some things in his life! It appears as though he didn't forget us but needs to get some personal things back in order before messing with this car stuff. We have all been there and I apologize for jumoin gto coonclusions. There are some things in this world that are more important than hot rods. I wish him the best of luck with everything and look forward to seeing this frame build resume soon!

9. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Looks like he has them listed on Sioux Falls Craigslist for sale.

10. 19-c

19-c

Interesting

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Nice to hear Homemadehotrod checked in. This site has had it's share of drama over the years and usually when something like this comes up the end result is not nice.

Frank

12. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

O>K GUYS here i am. had alot of unfortunate things happen in my life, anyone want to here my life story of how i lost every from my house to my job to where i had to sell very thing to keep my family from sleeping on the park bench. nice to here some of you were concerned about me but troubling when some wanted to jump to conclusions, the bashing continues. so if you want info on my life let me know ill answer the best i can.
    as far as the frame go, yes i have posted adds on CL. i get $280 a week on un employment, not a whole lot, but figured now may be a good time to try it. instead of getting drop steel from work and having parts made for little to nothing, i now have to pay $400 in material and labor to get parts. thats alot of money to swallow to build a frame for some one that sends you a piece of construction paper. not that im trying to get out of it but its going to take time before i can get verns frame done. i did talk to vern recently and he wants a model A frame now instead.not my intentions to f#$%k anyone over, also talked to 19-c,he wants his frame too. theres another $400 that i have to swallow to get him his frame. to be honest that's hard to do on $280 a week for income. no jobs to be found around here.like i said, not trying to F#$%k anyone over, its just going to take some time. kinda why i put the add in CL. trying to get something going so i can repay the guys that have tried to help me.
    any questions just fire away

13. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like the frame that you built and we all understand life tends to throw a curve or two when we think things are going pretty good! Hang in there and never quit. The skills you have will end up paying off but not always at the best time.

14. sport fury

sport fury

I bet there is a company near Cottonwood Minnesota that could use the skills of homemadehotrod. i am calling upon the HAMB members to help him find work. i am impressed by his motivation and workmanship in building the 1932 ford frames. when i hear the term traditional hot rodder i think of how hot rodders would form clubs and help each other. if you help one person you have saved the world.

15. HotRod33

HotRod33

here's hoping things get better for you... you have some good skills