Register now to get rid of these ads!

Superior Radiator, in Michigan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6deucecaddy, Aug 1, 2008.

1. jlhelm

jlhelm
    from Minnesota

I ordered one for my A from them this spring and got it in 2 weeks, no issues. I saw nothing but positive feedback here. I guess I missed this thread. Bye the way, very nice product also.

2. Probably a good reason you missed this thread,,it's 5 YEARS OLD!:rolleyes: HRP

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well I guess since this thread was brought back up I'll add that this past May the original radiator in my '60 Pontiac Catalina let loose in Pittsburgh, PA. Got towed home and took the radiator over to Charlie so he could make me a new AL one. A week later I picked up my new one.
    [​IMG]

It's BEAUTIFUL. Installed it and have not had one issue.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll also add that the Superior Radiator that's in Big Olds is still performing flawlessly and has over 123,000 miles on it now.

4. street rod lover

street rod lover
    from taylor,mi.

Denise
    Thanks for the info on the rad shop. I stumbled across this thread looking for a rad for my 40 sedan. I'm downriver and like keeping my money close to our broke ass state. Shouldn't say that as I'm been fortunate enough to keep working thru this whole mess the last few years. I sent them an email to get some pricing. I like the fact their close and can stop by the shop. Looking forward to posting again with the great service from the shop in our area.

5. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

Ive been running one of his radiators in my nailhead powered '50 Sedan Delivery for about 4 years now. If I remember correctly I received it about 3 weeks after ordering it and its performed flawlessly. I'd buy from him again.

6. street rod lover

street rod lover
    from taylor,mi.

well heres how it went for me and i must say the service was outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i sent an email to charlie on thanksgiving weekend. i received an email back first am monday from charlie advising he has the rads instock and avail and also included the pricing to my door. i live in the area so i went to the shop on tuesday and picked up the radiator. it was waiting for me in the office and i had absolutely no delays. the rad looks great and will be spreading the good word on superior radiator.
    thanks charlie for your great service and attention to detail.

Attached Files:

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thats awesome. Did you mention the HAMB to him by chance? Looking forward to seeing you 40 around town in the spring.

8. street rod lover

street rod lover
    from taylor,mi.

hey denise
    i did mention i found the info while searching the blog. i even mentioned your name and he seemed to know who i was talking about. when i went there the entire shop was eating lunch together. usually employees want to leave for lunch and get away from work but the entire shop was eating together and i thought that was great. i'm in shops all day as i'm a damage appraiser and rarely do you see eveyone together eating lunch. i should take that back as when i'm in the city i see a lot of people eating together but they all have tall brown bags. liquid lunches for sure!!

9. capt ronn

capt ronn

I talked to Charlie today and ordered a radiator, credit card has already been charged and he said he would put a "rush" on it and said I should have it in about a week. Wish me luck!

10. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

For what it's worth, I just broke in my 327 using a superior radiator and an undersize 4 blade fan. Throughout the whole process my temps never rose above 180. Very happy.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I ordered one for my AV8 back in December and had it within 2 weeks. Have not run it yet but the service was great and it looks fantastic.

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, I miss my Superior radiator.

13. capt ronn

capt ronn

I recieved my radiator today! 6 days including the weekend!! Quality looks good too. Thanks Charlie and the gang at Superior. I mentioned I was a H.A.M.B member and a friend of Denise. I am a happy camper!

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thats GREAT to hear Capt Ron! 100K miles from now you will still be smiling about your Superior Radiator! I know I am :D

15. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Great quality radiator for a 1950 Ford Shoebox. It really keeps the engine extremely cool. They figured out how to get the largest possible radiator for the car. Fit right in. Quality build, quality people. Quick service. They are our regular call now for radiators.

16. manyolcars

manyolcars

How much for
    how much was this one?

17. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Great quality radiator. Great service and speed. Superior radiator will be our first call for radiators at the shop.

Attached Files:

18. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

Anyone bought a radiator of superior lately ???

19. petew

petew
    from Mebane, NC

Yes , ordered it last Thursday and got it today (Tuesday).
    Exactly as ordered , very well made.

20. Dman

Dman

I ordered one the Tuesday after the autorama. It was at my house on Friday of that week.

Sent from my SM-G930P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe since 2008 when this thread was started, the head welder's back got better or they hired another welder. Either way it looks like they are shipping radiators pretty fast now!

22. I've bought a number of Superior Radiators for my hot rods and my hot rodder buddies also have them...but we are close enough to go get them...one guy that did mail order his had a delay as it was shipped to another state by mistake....took an extra week to get things sorted out The radiators really cool as stated and they are all rollin' along without issues.
    I also ordered a bed from Last Refuge Hot Rods from Norbert and had no problems....
    I guess I am lucky as both items are good quality and bought at a good price..

Attached Files: