Register now to get rid of these ads!

teenager fixing up her first car, needs help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Madiketch, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni

One thing you will want to do that the factory did not is put a fuse in the horn circuit. Last summer my relay stuck and the horns shorted at the same time, which set the wiring harness on fire and cooked the generator too. Luckily i was pulling into the driveway and was able to put it out. I keep a fire extinguisher in the car now.
    I drive my Falcon every day, it's a great little car that has taught me a lot. Good Luck!

2. Giovanni

Giovanni

Oh, and one headache i've had with the car. The replacement radiator that most people sell for a 62 Falcon won't fit. It's a bit thicker and won't clear the fan. I hacked and welded the fan to clear the radiator because it's my only car and i needed it, but the water pump got sloppy and let the fan go through the radiator :) Because my generator was cooked in the previous post, and i upgraded to an alternator, I now have two little electric fans mounted on the front of the rad.

3. 63bluenova

63bluenova

Any more update on ur car?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!