Register now to get rid of these ads!

16 inch chevy steelies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mr37buick, Jul 24, 2013.

1. mr37buick

mr37buick
    from arkansas

Hi everyone I have a question I have a 1937 Buick original front end well I did a front disc conversion and the rear end is from an 83 chevy Monte Carlo with rear disc conversion as well and I need to see where I can find 16 inch steelies please help
    thank you Jose

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. historynw

historynw

3. mr37buick

mr37buick
    from arkansas

Really great i was wondering if I could just grind on the calipers some so it would clear the rim I have steelies on there now but they rub thank you alot for the info historynw

4. mr37buick

mr37buick
    from arkansas

Historynw is there a general amount the can be grinded off from the calipers and still be safe

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I used S10 spare saver wheels with bias ply Firestones on my T bucket. Cheap and easy to find....

6. mr37buick

mr37buick
    from arkansas

Great idea flatheadpete if I can't grind my calipers im goimg to look into that thank you

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

BIG difference in weight between a T bucket and a '37 Buick.........be sure the wheels are adequate for the tire width/size and loads imposed by the Buick. I realize the wheels are from an S-10, which is heavier than a T-Bucket, however, those space savers wheels are part of the "Temporary Use" spares.

Just because something will "fit" doesn't mean it's suitable for the job requirements. Check into the loading limits of the wheels before putting them into full time use.

Ray

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  8. mr37buick

mr37buick
    from arkansas

Very true Hnstray I hear you

9. Studebricker

Studebricker
    from TX

I was going to go with 17" rims on my car eventually. I have found that 16" tire choices seem to be fairly limited, so I would go 15s or 17s just based on greater tire selection.

10. mr37buick

mr37buick
    from arkansas

Yeah but unfortunatly the style of hubcaps im trying to use only come in 15's

11. mr37buick

mr37buick
    from arkansas

[​IMG] These are the hubcaps im trying to use on my 37

12. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

not 16 inch but when i put disc on my Bee I ground top of caliper and also inside of front wheels Before i mounted and balanced the tires . clears fine and did well over ten years ago