Register now to get rid of these ads!

MEXICAN JUNK,what i found.... pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sled, May 17, 2007.

1. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

WOW ! great cars !! Are they all for sale ? Are they all located in the same place ?

2. sled

sled

Not all cars are for sale and of course stuff is from all over Mexico

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  3. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Real KooL cars would be nice to bring one back to the states I have Family in GUDALAJARA

4. sled

sled

Man,i do sell em all over the world and some they went back to the States also...no big deal actually!

Pacorro likes this.
  5. sled

sled

More open cars on the go...a short wheelbase Packard 1936/37 ,i think series 110/120 ..quickly painted even with pale yellow to probably protect it
    neglected but still very savable
    old man had no money to do anything with them but i could not talk with him about some history,sure was interesting to hear
    cool factory custom lines anyway

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.
  6. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

The Packard looks great, are you buying it Sled??

7. diggin these car(s) ...

8. slammed

slammed

Grill shot of Packard? That is a sweetie for a slight drop-n-drive. Nice find Sledster!

9. sled

sled

Nope ,I have some more interesting stuff to bu right now and guy wants too much anyway

10. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

How much?? :D Its a great looking car and intrested. Is the rumble seat all there?

11. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Hi Sled-

It appears you find some nice cars in Mexico. I had a 32 Plymouth PB4 Roadster (like in post 2039) when I was a young fellow and no money to spend on it. Wish I had it now. As I recall they had a "floating" engine and juice brakes; kind of ahead of their time. Keep on adding photos as you find them, it is interesting to see what is still out there. Larry

12. sled

sled

this is the best i have

Attached Files:

13. sled

sled

Hi Larry,thanks and glad you liked the show..that's the reason mainly that i do live here,i can fullfill my dream on rescuing anf give new hope to old treasures whenever possible...actually its the very first 32 Plyma i've seen in my life ..
    and yeah,every day you learn something

Pacorro likes this.
  14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

No kidding! I've been into cars since the '60s and I know a thing or two about 'em, but your thread is a wealth of information that I'm sure alot of us are still learning from. I never knew about the Chevy and Plymouth roadsters or those cool old hearses you posted a coupla years back. Keep it coming!

Pacorro likes this.
  15. sled

sled

Glad you're enjoyin the ride here..to me Mexico is still a goldmine of hidden trasures altought lot of people says the opposite but if you are persistent well ,then you might see some results every once in a while..
    Honestly i probably saw 2/3 Chevy 34 roadsters in my entire life and for sure was the first 34 Plymouth too..not common everyday stuff for sure..loved em altought im not much into those brands..i love cathedral hearses and here locally they are scared of em usually,so i got no competition,ah,ah,ah..seriously ,we know they are all handmade and its coachbuilt stuff

16. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That hearse is called a Cathedral hearse, maybe because of the weird sides. I lost a deal on a '47 Cad hearse in 1967 because NOBODY in my family would let me park it on any family land. I worked for the railroad, and those pricks said the same thing. It went for $375, and I almost shit in my pantalones. HUH !

17. sled

sled

Gary ,yeah I do hear ya..
    Also here the mexicans in general are afraid of such hearses and almost nobody wants or appreciate em...
    I really like em for the skilled craftmanship involved in them ,they are all handmade at most...and the 40s have the best lines according to the gothic lines to me..always looking for these

Pacorro likes this.
  18. slammed

slammed

Grasi, Sled. Any more motorcycles?

19. sled

sled

Sure amigo...here we go!!!!

Attached Files:

20. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Sled,
    What exactly do you mean by "abandoned"? Obviously you know the market well as someone who deals overseas. So although my hopes were up momentarily that i might find a '36 3 W at a decent price they have been dashed knowing that you are no rube from the country. I cling to one tantalizing pic of a 34 2dr sedan that you called abandoned. Is that thing really sitting there for anyone to just pick up?:rolleyes:

21. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

KooL good to know thanks for info !

22. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Man that's a real nice ride ...

23. sled

sled

Nailhead,let me clarify...when i use the term "abandonded" to me means sitting neglected and collecting dust,or just rotting away in the terms the owner dont care and will never ever do somethin with that specific car or vehicle..
    Nope,you cant pick that thing for free...i wish i could,i would have my personal junkyard currently...sorry if i cut your hopes but in any case there is always a good deal out there anytime..no doubt!

I did rescued some cheap (or supercheap) Ford 36 3w coupes time ago and im still working currently to save some others altought they are not so cheap anymore thanks to the whole bunch od TV programs all over the places showing staged sales and prices..most people here thinks they have gold,but is just abandoned junk...:cool:

24. Pete Fox

Pete Fox
    from Belgium

You are right by saying that most of the Cuban cars are not worth buying! They are too much adapted to japanese diesel engines and so on. The Alpine A110 was build in France and Spain and not in Bulgaria like you mentioned before.

25. djfordmanjack

djfordmanjack
    from Austria

Hey Man ! Glad you're still good and alive and doing business in Mex !
    You remember 10 yrs ago ? Senigallia 2003 ? time's a fleeting....:(
    Won't make it this year , but I got another 2dr 57 wagon in my garage ....;)...hey stop bye if you can !
    regards G.

26. sled

sled

Pete,I'm talking on the Dinalpine A110 , no the regular French Alpine ...actually the Dinalpine was built in France,Mexico Bulgaria and Brazil too ...strange but true!!

Cuban stuff is mostly crap except for few things ,no doubt ...too bad they already found the ex Batista cars ..where those are now,I'm wondering??h had some serious cars payed with illegal mobsters money

27. sled

sled

Hey amigo,glad to hear from you as usual...yeah,all fine and pushin hard than ever my friend...gee,time flies but I'm having a ton of fun here in Mexico scarfing stuff up...well,at list I'm trying,ah,ah,ah ...of course if I'll jump in Europe I'll pass by,would be cool to meet again..a big hug!!

28. BruceT

BruceT
    from Abbotsford

those Nortons are the coolest

29. sled

sled

Did you noticed the Triton combo??
    Glad you like em!

30. sled

sled

Yeahh,i have to stress you again here!!
    Finally i fully paid and took possession of the 32 5w last sunday so with the contact of the seller we went back to the storage place and for the first time saw this thing...
    sure,i have received a number of goods pics but the guy who knew about this 32 did NOT want to take me with the owners,so i had to buy it unseen...not a pleasent situation,took my risks but it paid off finally!
    In the reality its like the pics and even better..cleaned a lot of rat shit all over the floors and there was a bunch of stuff inside the car...Yes,all garnish moldings were there,in perfect conds..really happy about that
    original 4 banger still on,perfect firewall,impressively good body and lines overall..
    i dont like the filled roof,they welded seamlessy...
    original mechanical brakes untouched...new headlights wrapped ,same for the dash insert...truck lid is useless,handmade...
    chassis very solid except for front horns,they need to be cleaned..
    geee,i wish all the cars i find would be THIS rock solid...a special moment to be part of the Henry 32 club!!!!:D

Attached Files:

Pacorro likes this.