Register now to get rid of these ads!

Street demon 625

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66nova383, Jul 21, 2013.

1. 66nova383

66nova383
    from oregon

I did a search and didn't come up with any useful info.Does anyone have any real experience with the new 625 street demon. I have been thinking about ordering one,just not sure becouse I don't know anybody that has actually bought and installed one.I could use some input if you have or know someone that is using this carb. Thanks

2. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Sorry you are not getting any responses---had this been a search for a street AVENGER I'd have given you several pages of bad pub. And I thought after the "780 Debacle", I'd have learned a lesson. NNNOOOOO.

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The ones I have worked on needed dialing in (jet change, secondary spring change) thay were both vacuum secondary carbs.

4. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756632&highlight=street+demon

I have one and like pretty much everything about it so far.
    The project got side tracked and put on the back burner so I have very little to add to what's in the thread.

This thing gets started frequently and moved around quite a bit. But only a few street driven miles. It's pretty damn good as it is. No bumpers and tail lights keep it close, lol. But throttle response is fucking awesome, burnouts are great. It's pretty much exactly as they say in the videos out there.

My buddy wants to try one but is scared. So later this week we made plans to install my carb on his engine so he can test drive the carb. Ill update when I have new info.

5. 66nova383

66nova383
    from oregon

I am going to make my O.T. 69 short chevy truck with a mild sbc a daily driver, and want to get rid of the POS 670 street avenger.So i am trying to decide which carb will give me better driveabilty and fuel milage.The street demon 625 or the summit mo8600vs which is their version of the holley 4010.I don't know much about either one of these carbs