Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PURE HELL Joins the Line-up @ Eagle Field Oct 5th..BE THERE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

WOW, our 5th year.............seems like yesterday we started with 60 entries and 500 spectators @ our first HOT ROD Gathering Race. Since then the last 4 years has taught and guided us to many improvements at Eagle Field. Improvements like our own bleachers, event layout and the biggest improvement of Dust Control from our Friends at KBK Oils (Fresno Ca.) has made each event consistantly better than the previous!
    This years Hot Rod Gathering will be no different with Special Guests the Lindstrom Family and their survivor Gasser Model A, NITRO Fuel Altereds, all the Run Whatcha Brung Action we're known for and a Off Topic event on Sunday that all Saturday Racers are welcome to enter. So join us for the "Best ONE Yet"! Rocky
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

This Just In........Chris Bennett / Pure Heaven has just confirmed they are making the TRIP to Eagle Field to help fill the air with NITRO!
    [​IMG]

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Man Rocky Your deal keeps getting better and better,, When my car is done Come hell or high water I'm gonna run at Eagle Field at least once:D,, I just checked it's only 1,700 or so miles from here:rolleyes:,,, Tim Jones

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'll roll the Red Carpet out for you Tim! :D

5. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

"Two Big Days"
    Which day other than Saturday. The flyer doesn't say. I assume it's Sunday?
    Which day(s) is the swap meet?
    Racing starts at 12:30...what time do the gates open?

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Yep, I cut the Off Topic Day which is Sunday out of the flier to play within the rules on the HAMB. Swap meet spaces both days with Saturday normally being the BIG Day. Gate opens 7AM both days with Racing Starting at 12pm on Saturday and 10AM on Sunday. Rocky

7. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

8. yep, we'll be there. might bring the recliners again.

9. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

what an honor you are giving to the lindstrom family!!!!!!!!

other then my great son&his work updating the modelA what drew you to pick the car built in 1965-66 for $treet racing to be honored in such fashion???

Attached Files:

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

It's a Great Time Capsule that put some laps in @ LIONS with you still with us to tell the tale:D I really hope you can make it John. Rocky

11. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks Mike, don't forget hearing protection and "Skeeter" repellant!

12. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

With the Fuel Altereds appearing we will have TRACTION!
    [​IMG]

13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Four AA/FA's will put on a show for the Eagle Field Fans.......The Joker, PURE Heaven, The Witch Doctor, and Mike Sullivan. This is a ONCE in a LIFE TIME Show that you won't want to miss!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  14. HOLY MOLY!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOO THERE!!!!!!!

15. Saw the Mob run in Spokane in the late 80s. It was a hell of a show with wild dry hops. That car really had the crowd going that night.

16. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

NITRO Fuel Altereds are the Badest cars in the land bar none!!!!!!!!!!!

Want see a show they put on the Best Show.

The cars are a handful to drive but that's part of the show they put on.

Only wish the show was not so far from Florida because I would love to see them run.

Jimbo

17. 4 AA/FA's, $15.00. Great idea. Wild dry hops rule. Both types.:)

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Great Mitch, It'll be great to see your smiling face and I'm gonna need all the Support I can get :D

The AA/FA's are the Baddest of the Bad and have a Great Following and my Fast Friend Brad Faria has put together a FANTASTIC Line-Up for the fans of Eagle field to enjoy............If an Eagle Field Fan can make this event they won't want to miss it, It may be their ONLY Chance to see cars of this caliber @ Eagle Field!

19. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

tha Witch Docter is really a modern day funny car/engine/drive line

5000/6000+nitro HP on EagleField/will EagleField ever be the same???

20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

The conditions have been explained the car owners/drivers, were going to do our best but we'll never be Famoso :D Most Eagle Field fans have never experienced NITRO............I don't think they'll ever be the same after just a AA/FA Burnout experience!

21. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

For my friends who need directions...............

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  22. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

I'm in fuel altered heaven!!! The Mob returns.

23. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Carol Dana (husband owns the MOB) sent me this with these words for her friend Steve Wallace...........
    "This is a great picture of THE MOB taken by Steve Wallace aka
    Nitroman who past away from massive heart attack last week. He was a great friend to alot of people in the drag racing family." Carol Dana
    I never met Steve although I had seen him at events and felt he was great for Drag Racing.............GodSpeed Steve! Rocky

[​IMG]

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Received this from Chris Bennett...............

"The Bennett & Fitzgerald Motorsports team are hoping to debut the re-creation of the Pure Heaven III Fuel Altered at the Eagle Field Drags this year. The Pure Heaven V Fuel Altered is the backup in case we miss the deadline. We are currently searching for a lenco 2-spd transmission, certifiable 3- disc slider clutch, and a certifiable bellhousing suitable for a big block chevy. We are very honored to be included as part of this historic event and we look forward to including either of our Pure Heaven Fuel Altereds."

Eagle Field is excited to have the Bennett & Fitzgerald Pure Heaven team appear October 5th @ Eagle Field, Thank You Chris! AA/FA Fans will not want to miss this event that also includes the MOB, the WITCH Doctor, the JOKER, and the BEACH BOMB! Rocky

[​IMG]

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I just got off the phone with Stormy Byrd..........his only appearance with his Revelation BB/MFR this year will be at Eagle Field! Mark your calendar......October 5th and don't miss the biggest Eagle Field Runway Drags YET!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Can you imagine Flag Starting 2 FUEL Altereds?

26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

DON'T FORGET THE GASSERS!
    LOVE my friend Henry Cota's Video's! They always get me "Take me Back" to the HIGH I get at Eagle Field and this one includes my friends Joe Hickenbottom and Robbie Davis. These 2 guys own Historic Race Cars and "RACE THEM" like the original owners INTENDED@ Eagle Field.

27. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Cool Vid Rocky ,, Henry does some nice work,,, Tim Jones

28. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Were 74 days away.................pre-registration is available and you save $$$.
    You can print the form if you like or just send a note with all the info and we will have you tickets etc. at the gate. Entries that include an email address will be notified we received payment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  29. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks Tim, Henry really knows his stuff, including music and always shines.

30. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

We will have a Saturday night PIT Party in front of and inside the Historic Eagle Field Hanger with a local band busting out some music off the Hanger Stage. Should be a perfect atmosphere with the Fuel Cars being pitted on the Hanger apron in front of the Hanger and performing their maintenance after their 6pm run.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013