Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lost '36 3wd Custom - Anyone Ever Seen It?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Harrison, Jul 15, 2013.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Next question; are there guys that collect 35-36 3Window pieces and build bodies out of them like the '32 guys do? Bob

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. fleet-master

fleet-master

it looks a bit like a Dave Stuckey type custom...the more I look at it the more i like it :D

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, that looks like a crime against nature. Whoever did that is a metal criminal.

About the only good thing about it that I can see is that I can always rest assured that no matter how bad any of my projects ever turn out, there's a darn good chance it will still be better than that.

4. OLLIN

OLLIN

Someone should photoshop it...

Im kinda digging it a little bit. Reminds me of a 50's corvette.

Actually wouldnt be too bad if you chopped off those "growths" on the rear quarters, different headlights and a cool grill.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

That is awesome, I would buy that in a heart beat.

6. bowlingball

bowlingball
    from Australia

I reckon as ugly as it is there's dozens of guys on here that could make it work,,,, it's a bit like a car crash you can't help but stare and try and work out what happened,,,,, man there's a shitload of work gone into that before whoever did it walked away..... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....it's all wrong but oh so right!

7. beater40

beater40

36 corvette hardtop

8. bgaro

bgaro

there is something i love about about cars like this. i guess seeing past the ugly is one of my strong points. that would be great to play with.

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

36 Five windows is one of my favorite cars. That one would require too much work replacing the Fugly.

10. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Odd duck for sure, but I kinda dig it. Rounded off the back end, but that front has me scratchin' my head a bit.

[​IMG]

11. outlaw256

outlaw256

ive lived in newbern and dyersburg.ran up and down every road in the county for yrs.i knew just about everyone who built cars back then. sure don't remember this one or know who would build it. that's a lot of work going on thetre.if it was built by someone there we all would or should have known about it.

12. indyjps

indyjps

Hmm, I like it. Sorry to see a 36 get used for it, but its done and what is there has the 60's show car look, the photoshop, lowered with out the fins helps. Chop the top and it would look even better, pancake what's remaining of the hood bump and it would look better. So have you been back to theplace you last saw the car? It may be in back or "in a barn", the previous owner could point you in the directon.

13. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

14. AK, this car was probably only about 5/6 hours from Kansas City when I saw it. Not hard to believe that it might have traveled that far in 10-15 years. Ask around and see if you can find anything out please.

As for everyone else - I agree with you all.

It's ugly as hell.
    It's cool as hell.
    It could be saved.
    It probably shouldn't be saved.
    It's a good donor car for a 5wd/3wd swap.
    It would be fun to make it run & enjoy it as/is.
    It would be fun to take a few liberties & finish it as a radical '60's show rod.

It's just haunted me for years (in good ways and bad ways at times) and I'd like to know where it went. Unless it just totally got traded down to where someone had practically nothing in it, I can't imagine it got scrapped.

And for the record - If I had it, I'd make it run and keep it just like it is. ;)

Thanks, Jim

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  15. If that is the rear 1/4 panel of my '94 Impala in the background of this photo, I was off on my "20 year ago" recollection. If that is my Impala back there, these photos would have been taken sometime around 1997-1999.

JH

[​IMG]

16. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

I agree with atomic custom that 36 sat on raytown road in k.c for years. It sat outside next to a shop.Just talked to steve at steves auto he remembers the car and says they had a auction there and a a lot of stuff was sold. He can't remember if that was Doug Thompson's shop or not. I don't remember any name on the shop. I always wondered what happened to it.

17. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

Kind of beautiful and ugly . . . ugliful.

I'd clean up the lines a bit, paint it and drive it.

Attached Files:

18. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

Harrison you might check with Grim on here his dad owned Wild Childs customs here in K.C. He may be able to help with who built it.

19. Man Ass kinda sums it up for Me ! I could use the wheels and tires...

20. injunjoes

injunjoes

Hey Jim, I remember it from a long time ago. The car disappeared around 15 years ago from what I remember and lord knows where it went. My dad and I stopped in there one time and I remember the guy being a lil whacked out kinda eccentric probably still on a bad trip ( might explain a lot) best I can remember he said the car was built somewhere in California. Ill see if I can dig up some more information this afternoon as to what my dad remembers about it

21. williebill

williebill

BTTT in case the afternoon crowd misses this thread.

22. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I think that thing is super bitchin-and super ugly.

Hope someone knows where it is. I'd like to know.

23. fleet-master

fleet-master

WICKED COOL!! Great job Ruben!!

24. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Looks like a combo of the Wilhelm "Mark 1 mist" and Cushenberry's "El matador" to me. If it had gotten to the lead or mud stage, it may have looked a lot different.

25. I dig it. Candy Red or the blue on the Little Deuce Coupe with lot'sa chrome and white tuck and roll...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

hell yes.

27. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

It'll show up on flea-bay billed as a one-off by some famous show car builder - or a ford concept car, and the buy it now price will be $120,000. Payable 50/50 by Western Union.

28. Nothing to see here. Just move along. Oh lordy that thing is bad. As in horrible.

29. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Messed around with the front end......

[​IMG]

30. fleet-master

fleet-master

To me that 38 front doesn't quite gel Ruben. The original builders headlight treatment and front opening put me in mind of a Ferrari 250LM of maybe a Cobra Daytona. I reckon with an opening more like the Ferrari or a Cobra (the open car not the Daytona) the front could look real good. Poss even an E-type opening could work too. ..would you be keen to try that?

the chrome wheels/white walls and lowering it looks awesome!