Register now to get rid of these ads!

Philadelphia Modifier Tom Meers 32 Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcbay, Jul 11, 2013.

1. mcbay

mcbay

Well it was a sad day.. my next door neighbor Tom Meers 32 Roadster was exhumed from his little garage and loaded up two weeks after his death. His son is now the owner. The lesson is real simple.. don't put off today what you think you can do tomorrow... tomorrow may never come...

Attached Files:

2. Hopefully his son will put it back to the way it was originally built and drive and enjoy the car. HRP

3. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear of Mr Meers passing. That has always been one cool '32. Back in the day, I remember drooling over it when the Modifiers came to Maple Grove. I'd hazzerd a guess his son will do it justice to honor his pops memory.

4. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Fred, with your well said words, don't put it off , we all need to make it happen today.......

5. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Sad news. To hear of Tom's passing isn't a good way to start the day. I spoke with him a little over a year ago. We talked for awhile about his 32 3w. I had owned that car from 1972-73 to 1980. He had asked me to send any info I had on that car to Rodders Journal for the article they did on Philadelphia Modifiers. He will be missed. God Bless

6. CHOP36

CHOP36

Hard to see Toms car without Him in picture. Glad it still has Modifier plate on I gave that to Him years ago .Tom will always be missed !Marwyn

7. TDUBS42WILLYSPU

TDUBS42WILLYSPU

Sad news about Tom Meers he was a Great guy. A very good friend of my dad's & I knew him as well. Here is a photo of Tom and his 32 Roaster and some friends.
    Behind the car L-R Russ, Tom Meers, John Foster Jr, In front of the car L-R Robert Weston(my dad), John Foster Sr, Tom Meers Jr.
    I think there on the side of the Turnpike somewhere?
    Gonna miss ya
    Tom

Attached Files: