Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn Find dilema in NEOH

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Erics53, Jul 6, 2013.

1. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

"Thats very average for knocking. You can also bet that if the cars are readily visible from the road that you're not the first guy to come knocking. He probably goes through this routine once a month, once a week, etc. having to stop what he's doing to answer the usual questions. That's probably why he seemed annoyed.
    Itchy-Pit had some great advise. Times are different nowadays though and a guy has to be leary of strangers that may be casing his goods."

I've never understood people parking 'stuff' in plain sight, then getting pissed because people are always stopping by asking questions. If he doesn't want to be bothered, either hide it or just post a sign saying "Not For Sale." I've seen many cars/trucks parked in plain view with that written on the window.

2. TERPU

TERPU

This is the HAMB- I'm with the old guys on this. First off welcome, now put your thin skin away and put on your sarcastic defending, grumpy old guy, crusty individual proof skin and enjoy.

Back to the original post topic- Some Pictures would really help out. Personally it's just a worthless post without them. So yeah BS until pictures show up.

Go ask the guy about his stuff, you never know until you try. If he says no then at least you tried.

Tim

3. Erics53

Erics53
    from Ohio

Heres a picture so we can end the no pics bs stuff.

Attached Files:

4. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Are you nuts?

You're lucky you didn't end up chained in that attic like the meter reader.

5. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

6. fleetside66

fleetside66

No matter how foul of a mood I'm in, I can always count on the HAMB to make me laugh. Thank you for that.

7. Looks like to me that the truck is waiting to catch all that shit up on the roof, what the hell is that stuff any way ????? I mean I have never seen windows built right to the edge of a chimney before, I wonder if they steam up ????

8. It's the heckling that keeps me away most of the time. I know it's JUST the internet, but it's discouraging. Or someone posts a pic of their car or a car they like then someone points out right away why they don't like it or what shoulda been done. That's fine if someone asked for advice or opinions. If not, then I don't understand why people can't just keep their mouths shut. And it's not even just heckling in my direction, I can't stand seeing other people bashed either, it's BS.

9. oldsman41

oldsman41

ah dont take this the wrong way but what were you thinking !!!! man that place looks like something out of the texas chainsaw massacre.

10. HotRodAV8

HotRodAV8
    from Seattle Wa

i knocked on a door for an ad pickup. dude told me not for sale, but keep knocking on doors cause thats how he found that truck. maybee 3 more doors and i found my ad truck. its for sale or not with out asking who knows! bitch or do the weak bitch!

11. leadsled01

leadsled01

Reading the first page of this thread, i thought it must be Charlie Budds old place (Deerefield Ohio). But after seeing the picture of the house, I think old charlie would've haunted his son for that abortion.

12. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

He is correct, 1969 was the first year for Trans Am last year for convertable.

13. Erics53

Erics53
    from Ohio

Ive been to Budd's, they have good parts and good people. It wasnt anywhere near there. The 67 pontiac was just a firebird not trans am.

14. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Welcome to HAMBalvania.

15. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Relax. Hot Rodders are notorious BS artists. After a while, you believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

16. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

The windows are for that new fangled sun room he added to spruce up the place.

17. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Kind of looks like Santa's sleigh smashed into the chimney, that is one strange roof. Good for you for trying at least. I like the idea of sending the guy the note, you never know.

18. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Aluminum siding - it's like Bondo for houses!

19. this was probably a one off special order from the factory that barris and elvis had something to do with

20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Probably where he grows his pot :)

21. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

22. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

You probably caught him on a good day, I'd say all those cars are from knockers that didn't make it back out the gate!!
    Go back for another try, I dare ya.

Scotty