Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks Dad....I'm going to miss you.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BillyM, Jul 9, 2013.

1. ninosdad

ninosdad

Just a few moments ago I was working on my son's car with him and was thinking of MY Dad.

Deepest condolences on your loss, not much one can say except sorry for your loss.

Treasure the years you had and keep him with you. I live on an island and morning coffee and maybe beer in the afternoon goes over the side of the boat for my Dad who left us too young in '82.

Sorry to say for myself time has not made it easier I just miss him more...it's that way with the good ones

2. So sorry to hear of your loss. I went through this in 2000, and still miss mine.

May God give you strength and comfort you.

3. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

Billy,
    Sorry for your loss. I just lost my Mother on Monday, and my Father passed away 28 years ago. It's true that the pain lessens over the years, but never truly stops. Stay strong...you'll get thru this. The HAMBers are here for your support, if you need it.

4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Billy, so sorry for your loss. My Dad will be gone 25 years this coming December, 28. My younger brother and I call each other often and hash over all the memories. Not a day goes by that we don't think of "The Ol' Man". We lean hard on the Lord and just as hard on the memories. I'll bet you'll think of him real often. Our condolences to you and yours.

5. janbuick

janbuick

Sorry for your loss

jan

6. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Lost my Dad 22 years ago the man was my mentor and teacher(I didn't learn enough from him) I miss him every day! I can see his face when I screw up and see his smile when I get it right. Sorry for your loss let the great memory's guide you through!

7. Sorry for the pain that you must feel right now. My condolences.

My dad is still with us, but we live too far away to get to see each other often. I had to take a job out of town when the steel industry collapsed in Pittsburgh, and tried to talk my parents into moving here when Dad retired, but mom wouldn't sell the only house that they had ever owned.... But I was fortunate enough to work either for, or with, my Dad at 5 different bowling alleys, driving garbage trucks, and even a small shipyard that used to be in Pittsburgh too. The great thing about that was that EVERYwhere we went, someone would know my Dad and would call his name and they'd have a smile on their face... I'm definitely enjoying all of the time that I can with him NOW before it's too late.

We just lost my mother's brother last week and not kidding, I was just thinking a few weeks ago of calling him to ask him a little more about what he did with the DEW radar in Alaska back in the 50's, and what his role & thoughts were during the Cuban Missile Crisis.... Hmmm.... We'll never know, will we???

8. oldsman41

oldsman41

sorry for your loss. my dad passed away in 74 i still miss him dearly.

9. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Sorry man....