Register now to get rid of these ads!

intake ID help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Twin_Turbo, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Twin_Turbo

Twin_Turbo

Hi all. Just registed because I figured this would be the place that I could get some info on this manifold from. I got this in a trade and don't really know what brand it is. Looked cool enough not to pass up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Figured it might be a creitz but I don't think it is, no name anywhere *unless someone ground/polished it off)

Thanks

Marck from the Netherlands

2. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

definitely for a SBC. looks like low profile for clearance was the goal, as the severe turns a/f mix would have to make would be a performance limiter. are the front & rear carbs at a canted angle relative to the center carb? what does the pad in front of the forward carb say? Interesting at any rate.

3. aaggie

aaggie

Definitely for a Chevy but from the carb angles I would bet it was for a boat engine. They usually mount at big angles for "V" drives.

swade41 and stillrunners like this.
  4. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

You might be right about the boat thing and that might be why the water inlets are made that way. I have also heard that some low profile 3x2 SBC prototype intakes were made to test/use in road racing and they also might have had a setup like that.

Watching to see if it can be positivly ID'ed.

5. Twin_Turbo

Twin_Turbo

I was pretty sure it's a boat intake also because of the carb base angles and the water setup. the markings on the little pad are illegible due to polishing except for the number 1440

6. Twin_Turbo

Twin_Turbo

How about this 3x2. Not a fenton not an edel or offy. It's lower profile. Dont think its creitz. Doesnt say anything on it.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  7. Is it aluminum or cast iron? If iron, its a factory Chevy 348 intake.

8. Twin_Turbo

Twin_Turbo

Its aluminium and for sbc

Deuces likes this.
  9. Twin_Turbo

Twin_Turbo

Here's more pics.

Wpuld be awesome to find out what it is

Attached Files:

10. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

The first one is interesting in that the center carb pad is more or less level but the outer ones are steeply pitched. Probably the idea is that in cruise conditions only the center carb is in use and there's no acceleration forces, whereas the outer two are angled to compensate for heavy acceleration.

[​IMG]

The second manifold uses what appear to be modern Chinese carb attaching bolts with a "JH" headstamp, so those carbs may well not be original to the manifold.

[​IMG]

Maybe those manifolds are tough to identify because they are unique to the Dutch market.:p

11. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ancillary info: the carbs are likely not original to that application; they have air cleaner locating tabs (the notches along the front of the air horns to align the air cleaner housing on single carb applications) that are not used on 3 x 2 carb applications (not needed for obvious reasons).

Cool manifold though. Thanks for posting.

John

12. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. Twin_Turbo

Twin_Turbo

JH is Taiwanese I think. I dont care aboit the carbs. Just trying to figure out what the manifolds are. I have had them.for s very lomg time. They are not chinese junk. Just never seen a second identical one to either of them. I have had the offy and edel.units. they are vastly different.
    Guess they are not just hard to identify because of the dutch market. No one seems to know what they are

14. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With those carb angles...my bet is marine. That's where I would be asking. Gene.

15. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Marine makes sense. Center carb used when puttering along, end ones are more or less level when boat goes on plane.