Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first Hamb Friendly car...I hope

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped 66 Bug, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

I have been trying ( and that may be the problem, don't try! DO!) to get going on a hot rod. I was in the library this morning looking through a Speedway Motors parts catalog and came across an ad for what they call a Tribute T kit car. It is a T Bucket type of ride but not in the usual style with huge back tires and small front ones. Anyway the I really like the stance of the car in the ad and the price to get started is around $4,000.00. I would like to put a 4 or 6 cylinder in it for something different. I mentioned a Chevy straight six in a post last night. Are those hard to find now? Anyway appreciate advice from those of you that have built your own rods.
    Mike

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Any t bucket can be built in a "traditional" style. Though common, they dont HAVE to have a blower and steamroller tires! an inline 6 powered bucket could be cool

3. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

I haven't built my own rod (yet) but as far as the Chevy straight sixes go, they should be almost as plentiful as Chevy small blocks. Not everyone wanted a V8 and in some vehicles, the small blocks were the optional engines and the six was the standard. They are still out there, just keep looking.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Too bad you're not in my area. I know of 4 within 5 miles of me.

5. ronotron

ronotron

Checl out the curent issues of Rod and Custom. They have a series of articles detailing the construction of one of the Speedway Tribute T kits

6. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

I do live in your area! I am in Sugarland. PM me please
    Mike

7. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

Will do and thanks for the info!

Mike